Responsibilities Develops and implements programs of interest and meaning to our residents in order to enhance their lives and exceed their active aging lifestyle expectations.
. • Researches, evaluates, approves, develops and modifies community events and programs, according to resident interests and "8 Dimensions of Engagement".
• Prepares and publishes an engaging and creative monthly program calendar which incorporates the communities' events and programs by the 1st of every month
• Engages and motivates residents resulting in program participation.
• Contributes to community growth by participating in sales activities.
• Engages in community public relations and preparation of local positive publicity stories.
• Manages departmental needs and goals within department budgets.
• Recruits, researches, and approves schedules and supervises programs leaders, general contractor entertainers, volunteers, religious professionals and vendors.
• Determine and manage community resident transportation operation, including scheduling of outside events and similar operational decisions.
• May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
• Recruits, approves, trains and manages volunteers where applicable.
• May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned. Qualifications
one to two years related experience and/or training. • Able to clearly present information through the spoken word. Can accurately communicate, providing the necessary level of detail even under stressful or demanding conditions. Ensures a positive attitude and team orientation is exhibited in verbal and non-verbal communication. • Solid performance management skills, including the ability to communicate performance expectations, document performance conversations, coach and document performance issues and complete performance management expectations as guided by the company. • Demonstrated ability to use independent judgment and discretion to make decisions designed to achieve company expectations and goals for the community. • Able to operate standard office equipment. • Ability to effectively utilize technology including use of computers, iPad/Tablet use, Word programming, internet access, email, and social media. • Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle). • Must possess valid driver's license. • Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with AvantGarde motor vehicle policy standards. Activity Director, activities, Recreation, Life Enrichment, Activities Director, Director of Activities, Director of Life Enrichment, Activity Specialist, Recreation Therapist, Recreation, Activities Coordinator, Programming Director, Director of Recreation, Life Enrichment, Reminiscence Director, Lifestyle Director, Adult Education, Director of Resident Services, Fitness, Events, Outings, Life Enhancement, Adult Education, Activity Planner, Community Organizer, Events Planner, Coach, Event Coordinator, Program Director, Recreation Specialist, Director of Entertainment, Seniors, Geriatric, Assisted Living, Senior Living, Retirement, Development, Outings, Newsletter, Community, Drive, Plan, Culture, Arts, Entertainment, Music, Residents, Birthdays, Celebrate, Holidays