Part-time - Flexible scheduling!
Are you looking to gain payroll experience in the HR department of a growing company? Come join us as our newest Payroll Clerk. Becklar is the parent company of AvantGuard Monitoring and Freeus. Our mission is to save lives through our state-of-the-art mobile personal emergency response systems (mPERS) and alarm monitoring centers. Freeus is an award winning wholesale provider of mobile personal emergency response systems (mPERS). We develop two-way voice mPERS that work both inside and out of the home, offering peace of mind to seniors and their caregivers. AvantGuard is one of the largest and fastest growing monitoring companies in the nation. We monitor alarms (security, fire, medical, environmental, IoT) and since we are growing at over 100,000 accounts per year, we are looking to add talented individuals to our quickly growing highly innovative teams.What makes us stand out is that We Care FIRST about our employees and our customers and you get to join a team that protects and saves lives every day! We are seeking an individual who has great accounting experience and wants to contribute their knowledge to our expanding team.
In this role you will work with the Senior HR Manager to ensure accurate and timely processing and recording of the company's weekly payroll. You will provide timely and accurate financial information and participate in weekly data entry Payroll processing. Additionally, you will respond to payroll-related questions to both internal and external customers as needed and will complete, check, and process payroll-related forms and documents in accordance with established guidelines. We are looking for someone who is detail oriented, ensuring all applicable laws and regulations are always followed. You will be responsible for exemplifying excellent customer service and the Company core values, culture, policy and procedures at all times.
What we offer:
- A really FUN team!
- Competitive salaries
- Generous PTO
- Flexibility to work-from-home on a regular basis
- Tons of growth opportunities!
- Other perks such as company parties and events, free snacks, an aweome company culture, and more!
What you'll be doing
- Process weekly payroll accurately and timely
- Respond to payroll-related questions to internal and external customers in a prompt and courteous manner
- Work with department managers to solve payroll problems proactively and quickly
- Prepare timesheets to be locked and committed each pay period
- Collect additional pay items and prepare them for import to payroll (commissions, referral bonuses, etc.)
- Process Verification of Employment forms, including wage history
- Investigate and correct payroll discrepancies and errors
- Prepare payroll reports for the Accounting department
- Generate payroll G/L entries and maintain the G/L
- Mail out W2's at end of year and assist with other year end activities and adjustments
- Depositing weekly HSA and 401K contributions
- Generate separation checks as needed
- High School diploma required
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- 1+ year Payroll experience
- ADP experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail, focus and follow through
- Ability to educate, train, maintain and hold department accountability and professionalism through crucial conversations and timely documentation
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state, and federal employment laws
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Google Products
- Ability to Self-manage with moderate supervision
- Proven ability to solve problems effectively
- Exceptionally organized with task and time management
- Health, Wellness and Fitness
- Information Technology and Services
- Human Resources
AvantGuard Monitoring Centers
Why Work Here?We are the relationships-first monitoring center. It is our mission to: provide first-rate service to the dealers we partner with and the subscribers we protect; to constantly improve efficiency by innovating the monitoring process and challenging the status quo; and to prioritize development for our team members, our technology, and the way we approach challenges.
Growing company, Great Leadership, and Awesome benefits.