Junior Training and Development Specialist
Hours: 1pm-9pm Monday-Friday
AvantGuard is one of the fastest growing alarm monitoring companies in the country. We work hard to help people and make the world a better place by providing our clients and customers security in knowing they are taken care of in an emergency. At AvantGuard, we are defined by our core values: We Care, We're Fun, We're Innovative, We value Relationships, We give great Service, and We work as a team to extend trust. In short, We Care F.I.R.S.T.!
As one of the fastest growing companies in the industry, our teams are expanding and AvantGuard is seeking a driven and collaborative Learning and Development Coordinator. You will work with the Training & Quality Manager to design and develop eLearning course materials. You will also train new team members for work in AvantGuard’s monitoring center and provide existing team members with professional development after leaving training. You will be responsible for introducing and immersing team members to AvantGuard’s culture.
In addition to a competitive salary, AvantGuard also provides:
- Award-winning medical, dental, and vision insurance with low premiums!
- 401(k) with competitive company match
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition assistance
- Generous PTO
- Company-paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Other perks such as company parties and events, free snacks, an awesome team, and more!
What you'll be doing:
- Prepare new team members for work in the monitoring center by teaching planned material during assigned training courses
- Designing and developing eLearning materials by collaborating with other members of the training team
- Prepare training materials for each assigned training course including printing and binding training manuals, printing out expectations and policies, etc.
- Create, prepare, and deliver processing activities, role-playing scenarios, and training outlines for each training course
- Assist with the creation of new training material and keep current training material up to date
- Answer questions and evaluate operator understanding of training material and adjust pace, teaching method, and/or style to fit their needs
- Demonstrate proper signal procedures to new team members during training
- Report on and take responsibility for training class pass rate
- Assist HR in the interview process of new team members and provide detailed feedback
- Teach additional ancillary training classes as assigned
- Assist with graduation party planning and execution
- Preferred 1-3 years training experience
- Previous experience with instructional design/eLearning/LMS needed
- Preferred experience with Articulate360, Storyline 360, and/or Rise360
- Associates degree working towards a job-related field (adult education, instructional design, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Ability to break down complex procedures and processes into easily understood concepts
- Display confidence and energy while standing/presenting in front of a group
- Demonstrate a high quality of work while under the pressure of being observed
- Ability to adapt communication style to the needs of different team members
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to problem solve and make judgement calls
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong goal setting and ability to demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Good follow-up and follow through