- Medical , Retirement
AvantGarde, LLC (AG) seeks to engage a Contract Specialist supports the AG client on site at the United States Capitol Police (USCP) in the Office of Acquisitions Management (OAM). OAM supports all phases of the acquisition process, from acquisition planning to post-award services for a variety of goods and services used in daily operations. The position will independently review and research contract documents, directives, regulations and accurately determine the contract vehicle that best meets requirements. Review procurement submissions for adequacy and completeness and resolve any problems prior to initiation of contractual action.
AG offers a comprehensive benefit package including a monthly commuter benefit as well as immediate 401k and medical enrollment. This is a full time, 40 hours per week position. Work will be performed on a hybrid schedule at the client site in SW Washington, D.C.
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating the best terms for requirements and handling problem situations.
- Produces clear and concise contractual documents that decrease contract administration difficulties.
- Utilizes Federal Supply Schedules, GWACs, Request for Quotes and Pricing to accomplish his/her requirement.
- Well versed in directing an evaluation process and able to write and defend an award recommendation to the Contracting Officer.
- Identifies appropriate clauses, documentation of contract decisions and actions, file establishment and maintenance.
- identifies appropriate use of sole source justifications and assist with customers to promote competition; successfully completes negotiations on difficult contracts and modifications involving complex requirements.
- Presents issues clearly and effectively so desired outcomes are consistently achieved.
- Examines and evaluates the contractor's prospective cost estimates or price proposals to determine the necessity, fairness, and reasonableness of proposed contract costs.
- Reviews past performance reports and conducts reference checks to determine the financial and technical capability of award candidates for the purpose of assessing risk to the government for the successful attainment of program goals and to determine if the award candidate has an acceptable level of integrity and is financially and technically responsible.
- Advises and assists program officials in the drafting of proposal analysis reports documenting the technical evaluation process for selecting sources.
- Monitors outstanding contracts to ensure satisfactory progress, to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract, and to identify problems that threaten contractor performance.
- Negotiates contract modifications and the terms and costs of contract changes.
- Performs work related to the termination of contracts for either convenience of the Government or default of the contractor, including equitable adjustments, change proposals, costs, profit, and other related matters.
- Prepares written requests for proposal; publicizes requirements; issues solicitation documents; analyzes offers received; prepares negotiation positions; evaluates technical and cost proposals; negotiates cost, fee or profit as well as technical issues; and enters into a formal contract with the offeror.
- Prepares an invitation for bid, publicizes the requirements for items and services to be procured, issues the solicitation document, reviews the bids for responsiveness to the solicitation, determines financial responsibility and performance capability of the bidders, and awards the contract.
- Uses a variety of contract types, such as performance based, fixed price, purchase orders, cost-reimbursement, cost-plus-fee (including fixed fee, incentive fee, and award fee), as well as grants, cooperative agreements, and other transactions to procure items and/or services.
AvantGarde, LLCWashington, DC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.