Avant Garde Academy is looking for enthusiastic and proactive After School Program Counselor to lead after school curriculum. Applicants should be positive and caring while focusing on each student's individual academic and social success; should also be upbeat, organized and possess strong leadership skills. The program is aimed at youth from grades K through 8th.
- Conduct lesson and group activities – maintaining the fidelity of the STEAM program.
- Research for actives that align with the mission of the program
- Create and implement lesson plans
- Maintain safety of children in care
- Provide homework assistance
Must demonstrate previous experience in working with children and teens. Bilingual Spanish/English or Russian a plus. Must follow directions and be driven to learn. Must be flexible, patient and be able to engage and communicate with diverse population and groups of all sizes. Must demonstrate knowledge of positive behavior modification techniques. Must have the ability to handle stressful situations, and CPR/ First Aid Certified.
Each employee is required to obtain a fingerprint card as a complete criminal background check will be conducted through several local authorities, i.e., police department, DLE. The cost of the screening varies according to the governing body. This fee, if any will be assumed by the employee.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or equivalent