Senior Technical Analyst/Programmer
Avangrid Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
Avangrid is seeking a Senior Technical Analyst/Programmer to join their team in their Portland, OR location.
The Senior Technical Analyst Enterprise Applications will collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and vendors to ensure quality deliverables relating to GIS and non-GIS application development and programming, system architecture design and application support.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced dynamic environment, multi-task, organize and manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Act as the technical lead for all GIS and non-GIS programming related requirements gathering in order to coordinate and achieve consensus with Business Units while identifying best practices and process improvements, and lead product/application evaluations as assigned.
- Provide technical support for geospatial data and database compliance.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies/services and establish/recommend strategic direction for the GIS applications support road map.
- Find solutions to complex technology issues, providing direction as required. Stay current on technologies within assigned business area.
- Provide expertise in best programming practices, methodologies, standards and suite of tools.
- Solve unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business.
- Lead the technical phases of major projects, establishing the technical plans, monitoring schedules, scope and resources.
- Create and enforce standards while recommending policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects.
This position requires a Bachelor's or Master's degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science or related field. Consideration will be given to additional years of relevant experience and/or relevant technical certifications in lieu of the degree requirement. Graduate-level training or technical certification in GIS or programming is a plus.
Requires a minimum of 6+ years of related work experience with IT systems, and/or application programming & development, or a related IT field within the Electric and Gas Utility industry.
- Experience and demonstrated understanding of enterprise GIS concepts and principles.
- Proficiency in enterprise GIS platform management and support including general GIS Server and application administration on high-availability hardware.
- Ability to interact with end users to define and/or refine business requirements based on functional designs for GIS applications.
- Ability to interact with technical developers and provide input in-line with the application lifecycle management process to deliver solutions.
- A general understanding of Electric Operations, Customer Service and Work Management practices and the willingness to learn more in these areas.
- Experience with design, setup and configuration of GIS desktop and server applications hosted on a high-availability platform.
- Experience in coaching, mentoring, and training less senior team members.
- Assists in the development of project management plans, monitors timeliness of milestones and adequate completion of deliverables.
- Experience with ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) principles and familiar with common DBMS platforms such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- High level Python programming and model building.
- Experience with the ArcGIS Enterprise web GIS pattern, including GIS services, security model and content management.
- Experience with web application debugging and troubleshooting tools and methods, including log analysis, browser developer tools, and web debugging proxies such as Fiddler.
- Sound understanding of object-oriented programming principals, logic and flow control.
- Sound understanding of foundational web application delivery components such as DNS, HTTPS, forward and reverse proxy and SAML.
- Strong IIS configuration and troubleshooting skills
- Server-side web development skills in C# and ASP.NET
- Experience with complex, N-tier system architectures, load balancing, and stateless / idempotent application design
- Experience with common Microsoft development tool stacks such as Visual Studio, VS Code, Git, NPM & NuGet
- A desire to proactively identify and address technical and functional issues and omissions before they become production defects.
- Proficient in use of Excel, Access, PowerPoint, knowledge of project management software such as SharePoint and Microsoft Project and statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, R) preferred.
- Effectively and concisely communicate (written and oral) within the team and senior leadership, including the ability to explain complex IT technology concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Collaborate, build consensus, and influence with and without authority.
- Proactively identify innovative solutions and determine way to implement them if able.
- Work independently and proactively
- Knowledge of best practices and advanced experience with GIS technologies.
About the Company
AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.'s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World's Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Avangrid. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
TechnologyView all jobs at Avangrid