- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Accounting/Finance Manager
Reports to: President
Position Classification: Position Status
Performance Evaluation: Required Skills/Qualifications
Four-year college degree or applicable experience. 5+ years of experience, CPA or CMA certification preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Directs the organization’s financial planning and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, shareholders, and the financial community by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate team members. Understands the business financial, operational, and cultural implications of decisions made. Analyzes market and competition, identifies external threats and opportunities, and adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Responsible to work within approved budgets and oversees that the organization as a whole does so as well. Develops and implements cost saving measures that contribute to the profitability of the organization, improves organizational systems, and conserves organizational resources.
- Establishes or recommends to management, major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for the Company.
- Responsible for the company’s financial and accounting practices ensuring that proper internal controls are in place.
- Designs workflows and procedures to ensure tasks and reports are completed correctly and on time
- Supervision, development, and discipline of accounting staff
- Financial statement preparation
- - Prepare monthly management summary and related reports in a timely manner
- - Year-end statements and various processing
- Responsible for tax planning and compliance with all federal, state and local corporate, payroll and other applicable taxes.
- Analyzes operational issues and determines their financial impact.
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Manage all A/P and A/R activities of the organization
- General ledger and chart of account maintenance
- Cash management: Optimize the use of cash
- Direct financial audits
- Maintain an “accounting calendar” for key due dates throughout the year
- Maintain asset records and depreciation schedule
- Manage tooling database for customer owned tooling @ supplier’s location
- Document new accounting procedures and changes in current procedures
- Coordinate financial institution relationships
- Manage customer and supplier financial relationships
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities.
- Evaluates and recommends commercial and workman’s compensation insurance coverage.
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revision.
- Prepares reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Develop and maintain costing standards for manufacturing work centers
- Communicate with the supply chain team to be aware of all part cost issues
- Properly allocate and maintain manufacturing overhead rates
- Prepare costing reports for management as required
- Financial results by work center
- Track costs on a regular basis and analyze trends and patterns
- Maintain files of cost information
- Document new procedures and changes in current procedures
Price Change Management:
- Prepare product and service part quotes for customers and communicate and negotiate pricing changes with customers in a timely and effective manner to enhance the company’s bottom line.
- Maintain pricing files on server and Syteline
- Develop and maintain contract review files
- Document new procedures and changes in current procedures
- Regularly meet with customers to track and communicate open operational issues / areas for opportunities
- Manage MWBE process / program
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Program
- Consistently work in a safe manner
- Maintain professional behavior and attitude
- Other duties as assigned
- Occasional bending and lifting and/or moving product weighing up to 15 pounds
- This position requires a physical presence on Company’s premises with a minimum of an eight-hour day for five days with some overtime
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. If you require a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of this position, you must request accommodation in writing, within 182 days after you know or should know of the need for accommodation. Job requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Company will attempt to provide an accommodation that allows the employee to perform the essential functions of his/her position unless there is a significant risk to the health and safety of the individual or other employees or it creates an undue hardship to Company.
This position is performed primarily in an office setting but may require time spent in a manufacturing environment which contains dust and material particles in the air. The noise level in the work environment is low and may require the use of personal protective gear when in the manufacturing area. These work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, essential duties and/or skills required for the position. The listed requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This job description is not intended to limit or in any way modify the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his or her supervision. This job description may be modified by Company at any time without prior notice based on its business needs. Continued employment remains on an at-will basis.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Avancer