IT Field Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Eager to learn to new skills (will be a lot of cross training amongst the rack& stack and fiber testing team)
- Rack & stack is priority OR will consider candidates who have strong fiber testing experience.
- Education requirement: min. associates degree.
- No recent grads! Must have at least 2 year of Rack&Stack OR Fiber Testing
- Must be flexible to travel
Candidates will be responsible for rack and stack, testing the end-to-end of connectivity of optical fiber paths using multiple testing apparatus from OSP handoff to customer equipment by fusion splicing before preforming complete fiber characterization (Fusion Machine, OTDR, CD/PMD, Optical Insertion Loss measurements and fiber end-face validation) and performing basic site survey and
Minimum 1 year experience within a Telecom Network Infrastructure environment
● Able to use any generic office software.
● Familiarity with EXFO Toolbox used in the analysis of fibre test data or similar software applications
● Experience with understanding vendor contractual deliverables
● Minimum of two years in a project management or project support capacity directing field resources an asset
● Extensive knowledge of Data Center and POP infrastructure, including experience or deep understanding of OSP, ISP, interfacility cabling, fiber and copper distribution, AC/DC power systems, environmental controls, and relay rack/cabinet/cage construction.
● A minimum of 2 years experience installing and maintaining a wide variety of telecom/network equipment, including DWDMs, backbone and management routers, IP switches, as well as all optical and digital infrastructure - familiarity with Juniper, Cisco, BTI, Infinera, Aruba, and all major fiber and cable management manufacturers (e.g., ADC, Corning, etc.) preferred.
● OSP experience and splicing experience, and understand how to maintain and operate within a manhole, vault, or handhole environment. Must know what “good” looks like from street to building fiber entrance.
● Expertise with all telecommunications testing equipment from microscopes and source and power meters to OTDRs and experience testing across all SONET and Ethernet bandwidths.
● Knowledge of all telecommunications testing standards and procedures from length, wire-mapping, and bit error rate to power, delay, loss, reflectance and dispersion.
● Must know what good looks like - running, dressing, cleaning, scoping/testing, labeling, racking, stacking, and general neatness within a data center environment.
● Complete understanding of all data center and OSP construction site safety standards. OSHA certifications highly preferred.
● Experience with state and local regulatory standards, procedures, and permitting requirements.
● Experience and ability to work effectively with local exchange carrier (LEC) and other telecom service provider technicians, building landlords, electricians, construction operators, and non-technical end users.
● Contractor management experience required. Union contractor experience preferred.
● Ability to work independently, diagnose problems and take appropriate action with minimal supervision.
● Experience with logical inventories like Netcracker or Granite, and the ability to read fiber or duct tables, CAD drawings, and blueprints required.
● Competence with spreadsheets, workflow and project management applications, and administrative software applications a must.
● Additional languages a definite asset
Avance ConsultingWhy Work Here?
Avance Consulting Services is a global talent acquisition and executive search company.
EngineeringView all jobs at Avance Consulting