Come work for one of Oregon's 2018 Most Admired Companies!
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE
Director of Nursing, RN
Avamere Crestview of Portland
6530 SW 30th Ave
Portland, OR 97239
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of our Nursing Services Department to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Develop a written plan of care for each resident and review all medical and nursing treatments to ensure they are in accordance with the resident’s care plan and wishes.
- Implement and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the nursing department, and monitor the facility’s QI, QM and survey reports.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling and revising of the MDS, including the implementation of CAAs and Triggers.
- Review and revise care plans and assessments, and ensure that all personnel involved in providing care are aware of the resident’s care plan.
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the resident’s total regimen of care.
- Participate in and develop reviews of the discharge plans and prepare reports for the Care Plan Committee as directed.
- Monitor nursing care to ensure that all nursing personnel follow established departmental policies and procedures.
- Review nurses’ notes to determine if the care plan is being followed.
- Determine the staffing needs and work assignments of the nursing department necessary to meet the total nursing needs of the residents.
- Provide leadership training that includes the administrative and supervisory principles essential for Resident Care Managers and Charge Nurses.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Prepare, plan and operate under the nursing department budget.
- Participate in state and federal surveys of the facility; assist the Administrator in reviewing deficiencies and developing plans of correction.
- Attend continuing education programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, and participate in/provide leadership for in-service training for nursing personnel.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must have a minimum 3 years of experience as a supervisor in a healthcare setting.
- Must have a minimum 6 months of experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients.
Avamere at Crestview has proudly served the long-term care and short-term rehabilitation needs of the community for more than 40 years. A newly remodeled, 127 bed facility, Crestview is the proud recipient of the AHCA National Bronze Award for Quality. Our therapy staff is unmatched in the industry with more than 100 years of combined experience. Avamere at Crestview is currently seeking top notch talent to join our all-star team of interdisciplinary professionals.