General Clerk II - Marble Hill, MO (Bollinger Co.)
Avalon Business Engineering Services Marble Hill, MO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
General Clerk II Marble Hill, MO (Bollinger)
JOB PURPOSE SUMMARY: The General Clerk specialist will assist the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS) professional staff with the implementation and management of the Farm Bill Programs and provide administration functions. Assist with the assimilation of program documentation, develop correspondence, ensure document accuracy, process payments, maintain spreadsheets, prepare/monitor/track agreements and modifications, review and assist with agreement audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support with collecting and assembling cost data and processing payment application requests and programs; review a wide variety of invoices, vouchers, and other miscellaneous paperwork associated with NRCS
- Assist with compiling all necessary supporting documents to substantiate payment requests, ensure that payment requests comply with provisions of long term contracting and are within obligated spending limits prior to submission of
- Assist with tracking producer requests for wetland compliance and highly erodible land assistance. Maintain wetland determination and highly erodible land case files including producer submitted records, conservation plans and associated maps. Track requests for appeals related to issued
- Assist in accuracy reviews of documentation, compliance with regulations, and justification of vouchers, invoices, claims, statements and other requests for payment of goods and services; process program payment information; prepare for District Conservationist's signature and forward completed document to financial management staff for
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining contracting files and producer records, including receiving and assembling program applications and collecting producer eligibility information. Responsible for compiling contract documentation to include conservation plans, maps, photographs, resource data and technical
- Assist with driving government vehicles to local shops for routine maintenance, track vehicle maintenance and mileage
- Assist NRCS staff in working between contractors and landowners regarding supplying practice statements of work and
- Schedule office machine technical support and maintenance
- Process mail by use of proper postage, preparation of packages for shipment, provide drop off at delivery sites, pickup and distribution of packages (shipping/receiving)
- Compile contract documentation including conservation plans, maps, photographs, resource data, and technical
- Assist with assembling technical notes and project documentation required to process modifications.
- Provide a variety of technical information to program applicants and participants, such as specific program and land eligibility
- Provide guidance to program applicants and participants on the completion of required conservation planning steps and provide basic explanations regarding practice statements of work and deliverable requirements for conservation program participation.
- Assist with uploading of documents and photos to conservation planning software (Conservation Desktop) and other Data Management Systems.
- Contact cooperators to follow-up on the status of conservation plan progress and transfer landowners to the appropriate staff when there are concerns with acceptance of the agreed upon conservation
- US Citizenship required
- Submit to an FBI fingerprint check
- Successful adjudication of a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
- Possession of a proper state issued motor vehicle license or equivalent
- Must hold a valid driver's license
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of relevant experience in office management and administration
- Word processing proficiency and able to type 40 words per minute, minimum
- Knowledge and experience using a variety of computer hardware and software applications
- Ability to use internet browsers such as Internet Explorer and Google Chrome
- Knowledge and experience in general office procedures such as preparing documents and filing tasks
- Familiarity with certified mail and return-receipt mailing procedures
- Ability to learn and assist with entering and maintaining information in NRCS applications such as Protracts, Conservation Desktop and Performance Results System.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, minimum
Avalon Business Engineering Services
AddressMarble Hill, MO
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Avalon Business Engineering Services