- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Finance Manager functions as a business partner with plant and financial leadership to effectively manage and control the Avalign Thortex manufacturing business. The Finance Manager, reporting to the Vice President of Operations Finance in Chicago, has an Accounts Receivable/Payable professional reporting directly to him/her. The Finance Manager is accountable for plant-level responsibilities, including general month-end close, vendor payables, customer receivables, order entry, billing, cost accounting, bill of materials, business analysis, financial reporting, and sales management. He or she will also liaison with corporate financial staff, as required.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintains strong financial controls and ensures financials are in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Develop, implement, and maintain cost accounting standards for manufacturing business; analyzes standard cost variances and their root causes; report variances on a timely basis.
- Manage month-end close financial reporting, financial analysis, forecasts, and planning processes.
- Review labor reporting and cost, material costs, manufacturing overhead, returns, and inventory levels.
- Review and provide insight into margin analysis for quotes submitted to our customers.
- High focus on working capital management, working in conjunction with operations, purchasing, and sales, to maximize cash flow.
- Perform analysis and provide guidance on opportunities to drive cost-saving or profit-generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Develop and monitor capital expenditure budgeting considering project cost, cash flow, and ROI.
- Collaborate in developing and implementing strategic goals, managing special projects, and serving as a strong business partner to the VP of Operations.
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory and reported results. Investigate and explain the book to physical adjustments.
- Participate in all local leadership meetings, establish strong working relationships with local management, and collaborate on various elements of managing the business.
- Document and understand ERP/MRP systems (EPICOR would be preferred), hardware, and reporting conventions and serve as the on-site IT expert.
- Analyze internal controls to ensure assets are adequately safeguarded, and results are accurately reported.
- Assist in completing special projects, including the optimization of multiple processes.
What You Won’t Do:
- Feel stuck – we offer excellent opportunities to advance and learn
- Get bored – we make custom products, so no day is the same
- Feel like a number – we’re a close-knit bunch and always have each other’s backs
Who You Are:
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A quick learner who is always ready to gain depth of knowledge in manufacturing processes
- Accept assignments with open, cooperative, positive, and team-oriented attitudes
- Able to plan and execute plans across teams
- Effective verbal and written communicator
What You’ll Need:
- 5 – 10 Years of experience in Accounting/Finance
- Experience as an Accounting/Cost Manager in a manufacturing environment, emphasizing cost accounting, reporting, and variance analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and have a high level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems required.
- MBA or CPA certification preferred.
- Proficiency with analytics and their application to drive lean and continuous improvement principles.
- Leadership. Ability to manage up and down.
- Attention to Detail
- Technical Capacity
- Time Management
- Organizational Skills
- Strong Influencing Skills
- Team Oriented
- Communication Proficiency
- Strategic Thinking
- Financial Management
Avalign produces innovative, high-performance, and cost-effective medical devices with a particular focus on high growth and ingenuity. Our team is growing quickly and proud of the fact that our custom-made devices continue to make a huge difference in the lives of medical professionals and their patients. Our employees are actively involved in the design, engineering and manufacture of technologically advanced medical devices that ensure that we meet our customer’s quality specifications for each product we produce.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Avalign Technologies