- Posted: over a month ago
Avalex is now part of Mercury Systems! Mercury Systems is the leader in making trusted, secure mission-critical technologies profoundly more accessible to the aerospace and defense industries. Optimized for customer and mission success, our innovative solutions power more than 300 critical aerospace and defense programs.
Headquartered in Andover, Mass., and with manufacturing and design facilities around the world, Mercury specializes in engineering, adapting and manufacturing new solutions purpose-built to meet the industry's current and emerging high-tech needs. Our employees are committed to Innovation that Matters®.
In the Program Manager role, you will be responsible for the performance of one or multiple programs, with an emphasis on new development. This role requires a broad understanding of all aspects of a program, from ideation to production as well as in-service support. Customer-facing, you will have great business acumen, making judicious decisions to achieve customer satisfaction while successfully executing your programs.
You are responsible for:
- Develop a statement of work and plan for the program
- Define technical scope, capability, and details of program requirements, customer needs, and organizations deliverables
- Surface and track all required customer deliverables within the organization's cross-functional teams
- Obtain and manage the necessary cross-functional resources across the account portfolio of programs. Drive to maximize corporate resource utilization
- Handle requests from senior management, sales, pre-and post-sales support, manufacturing, or customers to ensure the program's progress and success
- Oversee the requirements of the account to ensure meeting customer commitments for schedules and deliverables
- Identify and resolve critical issues, such as product delivery delays, and changes to customer requirements to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work with Sales and Capture Leads from various business units to the scope and bound a new program. Understand the business needs and market requirements. May take a lead role on capture and/or proposal efforts, or serve as contributing team member
- Work on Strategic Account Teams in pursuit of new business opportunities
- Create overall Program Work Breakdown Structure; work with cross-functional team to develop program schedule, risk strategies, and costs; work with Product Managers, Contracts, and the Business Unit to create program pricing; manage the same
- Identify out of scope activities and, with appropriate review by management, make recommendations and commitments to the customer. Negotiate additional charges, funding, and/or timeline impacts
- Manage quarterly revenue and cash flow goals, and percentage of completion milestones for all programs in the account portfolio
- Monitor the ongoing lifecycle of the program in support of the Business Unit, meeting its objectives and profitability goals
- Craft the development and continuous improvement of key business processes
- Participate or lead teams in the recommendation and/or validation of new business systems to support the organization
- Support Director of Programs, as required, in representing the department in key meetings and task force groups
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related field; Master's Degree in Management or MBA preferred
- 5+ years direct program management experience in aerospace industry
- Experience in managing $10M + projects/programs
- Extensive working knowledge of program management techniques and contract accounting
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong team leadership skills in a matrix management environment
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally, with customers and at all levels of the organization
- Ability to interact with multi-disciplined professionals to understand and make necessary tradeoffs and decisions
- Ability to travel domestically in support of customer(s) and other Mercury facilities
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of MS Project or other project scheduling tools
- Intermediate level of experience with MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen/judgment; ability to make trades and provide specific recommendations to senior management, partners, and the customer's business leaders
- High level of organization
- Understanding in the use and reporting of Percentage of Completion (POC) Accounting or Earned Value Management
Our employees are passionate about what they do and enjoy challenging work. While we are proud of our company, our team, and the products we create. We are humble and down-to-earth at our core. Come join us!
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the number (978) 256-1300.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, we may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
AddressGulf Breeze, FL
BusinessView all jobs at Avalex Technologies