Material Program Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Avalex is now part of Mercury Systems! Mercury Systems is the leader in making trusted, secure mission-critical technologies profoundly more accessible to the aerospace and defense industries. Optimized for customer and mission success, our innovative solutions power more than 300 critical aerospace and defense programs.
Headquartered in Andover, Mass., and with manufacturing and design facilities around the world, Mercury specializes in engineering, adapting and manufacturing new solutions purpose-built to meet the industry's current and emerging high-tech needs. Our employees are committed to Innovation that Matters®.
In the Material Program Manager role, you will represent the Planning organization on policies, strategies, and objectives, oversee all material activities needed to meet program requirements, and ensures a strong link within and between various materials functions, including Sourcing, Logistics, Planning and Production Control. The MPM will be responsible for the development, coordination and execution of program material strategies, and revenue objectives, including PoC activities. The role leads front end of the business planning activities including early material management involvement and early supplier involvement, partnering with program, engineering, and operations leadership.
You are responsible for:
- Develop and execute material program plans, subcontract management plans (together with Supply Chain)
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application of strategies to programs
- Work closely with Engineering, Quality and Operations to create a schedule for projects based on Material Requirements Planning (MRP).
- Develop and lead Planning related proposal activities including task descriptions and bases of estimates
- In conjunction with engineering, you will develop accurate Bill of Materials (BOM's) from the technical baseline within a few days of proposal kick off, control changes in the BOM during the proposal process and promptly flow any changes to material estimating and develop a strategy to get representative costs.
- Partner with Product Management to navigate obsolesce, long lead and last time buy material situations to ensure program schedules are met.
- Execute make/buy/where process
- Develop and execute risk/opportunity plans to meet program objectives.
- Collaborate with supply chain functions for support as needed.
- Monitor performance metrics and proactively acts to address program and functional issues.
- Earned Value Management and Financial management skills, including Material EAC's and Material Forecasting
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of 6 years of combined work experience (can include Graduate school experience) in functional areas of Supply Chain, Finance, Operations (including Production Control), or Project Management. Knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations (FAR)
- Experience working in the DoD Aerospace & Defense industry
- Experience achieving goals in a matrix environment
- Experience in managing to a budget
- Experience providing inputs into or reviewing EACs
- Experience communicating complex concepts or ideas in a clear and concise manner to various levels of internal management
- Experience collaborating with the Subcontract Administrator to review statements of work (SOW) that are complete and conform to program requirements
- Demonstrated strong analytical and prioritization skills
- Experience in electronics/aerospace hardware applications as well as knowledge of operational and manufacturing processes (assembly, integration, and test)
- Experience converting business area and customer requirements into executable strategies.
- Experience developing individuals and teams
- Experience leading in an Integrated Program Team (IPT) environment
- Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of US Government acquisition laws and regulations
Our employees are passionate about what they do and enjoy challenging work. While we are proud of our company, our team, and the products we create. We are humble and down-to-earth at our core. Come join us!
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the number (978) 256-1300.
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, we may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
AddressGulf Breeze, FL
BusinessView all jobs at Avalex Technologies