Data Analyst II(Atlanta, GA)Onsite
The candidate MUST be able to demonstrate usage of 2 bodies of work (within security compliance): (Note, this does not have to be work at current job that jeopardizes security compliance)
- Machine Language (Python and/or R/RShiny)
- Visualization (using Tableau and/or Power BI)
Must be their own work and not a canned or already created demo. The panel is looking to evaluate:
- Ability to write Python and/or R code (machine language)
- Understand ETL processes
- Walkthrough and present visualization to an audience
- Strong technical skill and knowledge of data analytic techniques to bear on a broad range of information problems facing the department.
- The Informatics Data Analyst will develop and implement data analysis strategies with a focus on analysis automations that help ensure that the right data are made available for analysis to the right people within the DPH organization.
- The Informatics Data Analyst will assist in determining the appropriate methods to employ in analyzing data and collaborate across program areas to develop meaningful, actionable data products.
- The Informatics Data Analyst will contribute to the development and implementation of its analytics platform, including any future platforms, and work to engage users across the department with its self-service business intelligence tools.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Build/deploy highly complex visualizations; you will be the go-to designer on projects from start to finish to create compelling visual dashboards using various BI tools.
- Develop and execute training initiatives for end-users and Provide knowledge
- transfer, training and support to Interactors, Viewers, and users.
- Performing and documenting data analysis, data validation, and data mapping/design.
- Create and edit complex SQL queries (SQL Server, Postgres)
- Work under tight deadlines in a highly dynamic environment, manage multiple tasks and projects, and effectively coordinate with Admin Team for Production Deployment.
- Define features, phases, and solution requirements for data products
- Create solution prototypes including hands-on coding and configuration
- Assist in the development, testing, and implementation of technology solutions, and report on delivery commitments to ensure solutions are implemented as expected and to agreed timeframes Optimize joint development efforts through appropriate database use, project design, and business process flows
- Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university OR equivalent experience AND
- 3 years or equivalent experience as a Business Intelligence Developer
- 3 years or equivalent experience with relational database systems
- Demonstratable experience with programming languages (SQL, Python, R) and knowledge of ETL processes, end-to-end data warehousing principles, methodologies, and practices to include understanding the constraints and limitations
- Ability to collaborate with business leaders and communicate findings at an executive level
- Ability to perform data analysis and troubleshoot data integrity issues
- Experience in research design, visualization techniques, and analysis approaches in which you manage and analyze both structured and unstructured data
- Experience modeling high-dimensional data
- Experience with tools and languages in the design and implementation of
- data pipelines that support the CI/CD process
- Experience with public health domain is a plus
- Prior ArcGIS experience (must be demonstratable)
- Prior Tableau experience (must be demonstratable)
- Prior R Shiny experience (must be demonstratable)
- Familiarity with Command Line Interface (CLI) tools and/or equivalent
- Cloud computing tool
TechnologyView All Avacend Jobs
Get fresh Data Analyst II(Atlanta, GA)Onsite jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.