Location: Atlanta, GA 30329
Under broad supervision, provides assistance to computer system users. Answers questions or resolves computer problems for clients in person, via telephone, email or from remote locations. May serve as lead worker.
The Desktop Support/PC Asset Technicians will be providing desktop/user support in relation to a large desktop unit deployment/refresh and Windows migration, and will also be responsible for asset tracking, and all documentation related to full asset management, throughout the deployment/migration process.
***Candidates MUST display experience of providing user and desktop support for deployments and migrations, AS WELL AS asset management experience to be considered for this position ***
- Migration experience from Windows 7 to Windows 10 required
- Experience with saving data, imagining, and resorting settings to new or existing computer systems for migrations and deployments required.
-Experience with managing all aspects of asset management tracking and documentation.
The most successful candidate will have strong customer service skills and the hunger to continue learning about the latest in technological advancements. Communication, organization, initiative and multitasking skills are a must to succeed in this fast-paced environment. You must have a High School Diploma or GED with some technical background preferred (Sec +, A+, Net+).
• Performs regular audits of asset inventory, clearly communicates findings from all analyses, and reconciles inventory
• Confirms asset availability and current status
• Follows up with customers for accountability of assets at their sites and remote offices
• Identifies idle/surplus, out of test, and obsolete assets
• Executes disposition plans such as scrapping or redeploying
• Creates purchase requisitions; follows up with Procurement team and vendors for timely receipt
• Tracks, analyzes, categorizes, and trends all asset related data to identify turn rates, idle assets, customer complaints, and shortages of physical devices and loaner devices
• Maintains content and accuracy of support tickets and asset databases/logs
• Ensures users are trained on the newly deployed devices and tools
• Coordinates the retrieval of physical devices and peripherals
• Develops and generates weekly/bi-weekly reports to distribute within the IT organization, including inventory status, scrapped assets, new purchases, etc.
Under broad supervision, provides assistance to computer system users. Answers questions or resolves computer problems for clients in person, via telephone, email or
from remote locations. May serve as lead worker.
• Vocational/Technical degree in computer applications, computer technology or a closely related area from an accredited college AND One year of experience providing software of hardware customer support
• OR High school diploma or GED AND Two years of experience providing software or hardware customer support of technical assistance to computer users
• OR Two years of experience at the lower level Help Desk Support Spec 2 or position equivalent.
- Experience providing technical assistance in PC deployments and migration of client computer systems from Windows 7 to Windows 10 platform.
- Experience following procedures set by client to save data, image and restore settings to new or existing computer systems
- Experience mapping network drives, adding systems to domain, locating files, and troubleshooting associated issues
- Experience acting as hands and feet for project team to assess and resolve any issues
- Experience documenting and certifying completion of migrations to project team
- Experience providing Tier 1 Technical Support troubleshooting
- Experience installing memory, software applications, drivers, and printers.
- Experience lifting equipment up to 25 pounds
- Experience completing replacement migrations by installing new keyboard, mouse, docking stations, power supplies and run cabling.
- Experience working with Windows/iOS platforms and administrative functionalities
- Understanding of basic networking, Windows Server 2008R2, ability to create technical documentation, 0365, and ServiceNow
- Experience working with all aspects of asset management, asset tracking, and related documentation
- Experience performing regular audits of asset inventory, communicating findings from all analyses, and reconciling inventory
- Experience confirming asset availability and current status