- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
An experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our Engineering Department. The ideal candidate will be someone that thrives in a small organization and working within a small team environment. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of mechanical product design, function, manufacturability, process, appearance, and quality. This position requires experience in all phases of the product—from initial concept to sustainable manufacturing. Now offering a $3,000 Signing Bonus!
- Analyze Industrial Design Concepts for Cost, Manufacturability, Industry Specification Compliance (IEC 60101).
- B Surface Design – including specifying manufacturing techniques, fasteners, material and process.
- Participate in the design of manufacturing fixtures / process to build production product.
- Participate in developing quality standards for appearance for use in production and at supplier facilities.
- Mechanical Analysis including dimensions, tolerance, weight, “Tip Over” etc.
- Analyze and correct design issues discovered during design validation, process validation and customer experience.
- Identify and create working relationships with suppliers for tooling, fabrication and finishing.
- Be the primary engineering point of contact for suppliers related to mechanical design. This includes design, tooling, molding and assembly. Engineer will be responsible for resolving supplier issues with mechanical design.
- Create products that are environmentally conscious and meet the companies zero landfill goals.
- Maintain CAD models, CAD Library, Drawings and Bill of Material.
- Assist with product compliance testing and documentation.
- Create and maintain engineering project documentation, i.e. DFMEA, DVP&R.
- Creative and Innovative.
- Focused on Quality.
- Positive and High Energy.
- Skilled at Planning and Meeting Deadlines.
- Detailed and Consistent.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 2 to 4 years or more of Mechanical Engineering product design in relevant industry.
- Experience with CAD. SolidWorks preferred.
- Experience with material characteristics relevant to the medical industry.
- Experience with Design for Manufacture relevant to injection molding, metal fabrication and finishing.
- Experience with Mechanical Analysis – Dimensioning and Tolerance, Stability (Center of Gravity / Tip Over) and FEA.
- 401(k) with 4% company match.
- Remote/ Onsite.
- Dental insurance.
- Health insurance.
- Vision insurance.
- Life insurance.
- Disability insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Parental leave.
- Professional development assistance.
- Referral program.
- $3,000 Signing Bonus.
ManufacturingView all jobs at AvaSure LLC