Oversees all functions of meal preparation and prepares meals that are nutritious, tasty, and presented professionally.
Full time position for the shift 11:00 am to 7:00 pm.
• Cooks meals according to established recipes and menus.
• Assists Culinary Services Director in creating menus that meet the residents’ nutritional needs and accommodates residents’ food preferences.
• Presents meals that are pleasing to the eye and palate.
• Sets up kitchen and preps according to each day’s menu, preps for next day.
• Cleans dishes, floors, walls and kitchen equipment maintaining sanitary guidelines according to community’s policies and procedures.
• Maintains an organized, clean, and safe storeroom, coolers, and kitchen.
• Assists in planning and cooking of special meals.
• Maintains proper temperatures of steam table, dishwasher, refrigerator and freezer.
• Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information in and out of the community and protects and supports residents’ rights.
• Maintains a professional appearance by wearing clean, pressed uniform and a demeanor that encourages a positive nurturing environment for the residents, families, vendors, and guests.
• Maintains a positive customer service environment and practices honesty and integrity in all aspects of performance.
• Demonstrates a SERVANT heart and attitude by following the Bethesda Senior Living Communities’ Mission Statement.
Managerial Breadth/Scope of Job
There are no managerial duties for this position.
• Knowledge of menu planning for geriatric residents.
• Excellent cooking and baking skills.
• Knowledge of restricted diets such as diabetic, low fat, salt free, liquid, etc.
• Interpersonal skills to communicate with residents and staff.
• Must show compassion and genuinely care for the elderly.
• Must be knowledgeable of the location of the MSDS sheets on hazardous materials and able to understand the guidelines.
• Must be able to work independently and prioritize work load as emergencies arise.
• Must be able to expand recipes
Must possess education that provides skills to read, comprehend, and follow recipes and procedures. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Culinary training preferred.
Has appropriate health certification as required by local state and federal health departments.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements
Work environment is a restaurant style kitchen containing heat, steam, and cold temperatures. Duties and activities are fast paced, following strict scheduled time frames. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 20 pounds frequently and 50 pounds occasionally and perform full range reaching abilities. Must be able to read and follow directions and recipes. Position requires stirring, sifting, cutting, slicing, reaching, bending, standing for long periods of time, and ambulating from kitchen to dining room carrying trays, plates, silverware, and accessories.
If you meet the qualifications, please apply directly via our website: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=67465&clientkey=029BCA9B92A6BC868140106C18B3A1AE
Or submit a resume to the attention of Angie Reese or apply in person M-F, 8:30-4.
Autumn View Gardens Ellisville
16219 Autumn View Terrace Drive
Ellisville, MO 63011
Equal Opportunity Employer
No phone calls or recruiting agencies please.