Automotive Assistant Service Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
Auto Team Delaware was originally founded in 1916 as Delaware Motor Sales, serving the entire Delaware area for over 100 years! In 1982, the current ownership assumed control of our dealer group, now known as Auto Team Delaware, which includes Delaware Cadillac, Delaware Subaru, and Kia of Wilmington.
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Wellness Program
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Health Plan
- Dental Plan
- 401(K) Plan
- Serve as a consultant for both our clients and technicians.
- Stay up to date with customer service practices, product operational characteristics, and warranty policies
- Become a persistent problem solver by assisting clients in determining their vehicle's needs and helping to set repair priorities
- Provide concierge support for all owner inquiries, whether by phone or in-person to assure client retention
- Ensure that customers receive prompt, courteous, and effective service.
- Take ownership of the customer's experience by carrying out those additional assignments that allow the dealership to leave a positive impression with the customer.
- Ensure the daily inventory of technicians' time is consistently sold to service customers.
- Distribute work between technicians efficiently.
- Answer technical questions about vehicle problems, warranties, services, and repairs.
- Maintain Customer Happiness scores at or above company standards.
- Assist in diagnosing vehicle problems; order parts and tools as necessary.
- Oversee administration of warranty claims as well as training and supervising of the service department.
- Reinforces company policies and adheres to company standards.
- Encourages compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain a good working relationship with factory(s) and foster positive employee relations.
- Collaborate with upper management to make service department hiring and discipline decisions.
- Prior experience working with clients while providing an exceptional client experience
- Experience in sales, whether that is inside sales, outsides, or retail sales is a plus
- Previous automotive service advisor experience, required
- Possess an outgoing personality with expertise at developing relationships
- Basic MS Office knowledge; computer software and internet proficiency
- Must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
AutomotiveView all jobs at Autoteam Delaware