- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Cost Accountant Summary
This position will be responsible for coordinating all cost accounting activities, including product cost development and manufacturing cost variance analysis. The position will be involved in the planning, development, and coordination of the annual budgeting process, monthly financial forecasts, and month-end close process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the controller with daily, weekly, and monthly accounting, analysis and reporting responsibilities.
- Responsible for the Cost Accounting module of the SAP ERP System. This includes staging materials, maintaining material master data, and calculating standard product costs.
- Preparation of the monthly forecast, including coordinating with Logistics and Plant Supervisors to forecast monthly sales and spending.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget, including responsible for the development of the manufacturing cost budgets and labor and overhead rates for the cost accounting module.
- Coordinate month-end closing process for responsible plant by completing Controlling steps and anaylzing results and variances.
- Preparation of month-end journal entries (i.e. accruals) to ensure accounting records are compliant to US GAAP & IFRS regulations. Provides corporate accounting all supporting documentation for journal entries prepared.
- Assist the manufacturing and engineering groups with costing and tracking company cost savings ideas.
- Assist PC&L group with Inventory Control including assisting with implementing and sustaining Cycle Count program also monitoring daily inventory transactions
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience
- Bachelors Degree with a major in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Automotive industry is a plus
- Prior plant experience is a plus
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general information
- Ability to write correspondence, and short memos as directed
- Ability to effectively communicate by asking questions when needed and listening carefully to directions
- Strong mathematical and quantitative capabilities
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to solve practical problems
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Proficiency in MS Office software with strong Excel ability is required
- SAP knowledge is a plus
AutoneumWhy Work Here?
Autoneum is GREAT place to GROW your career. Great benefits, leadership, enviroment and culture!
Autoneum develops and produces lightweight and multifunctional materials, components and systems for noise and heat protection for almost all automobile manufacturers across the world. Whether in Europe, Africa, Asia, North or South America: Our production facilities are located in the immediate vicinity of our customers – in the true spirit of a successful partnership.
100 River Ridge ParkwayJeffersonville, IN
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Autoneum