Continuous Improvement Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Identifies, leads, and executes the Autoneum Production System (APS) strategies to deliver bottom line, quantified results. This includes business assessment, planning, facilitation, execution of Kaizen events, and sustainment of standard work and procedures. The APS Coach will drive the cultural transformation through the business by building effective matrix teams and driving involvement and talent multiplication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates the deployment and support of all APS standards, principles, and practices throughout the organization
- Champions the plant Continuous Improvement savings project definition (PDM) by ensuring all departments have identified Continuous Improvement projects for the fiscal year; tracks actual v. budget; completes necessary reporting
- Provides Continuous Improvement coaching for all teams (including ensuring meetings are conducted, attended and structured per the Autoneum CI Team Standard Work); coaches and guides CI team champions and team leaders to make certain teams are efficient and effective
- Conducts monthly CI / APS status reports within the organization
- Manages Value Stream Mapping activities ensuring waste is identified and eliminated; tracks related cost savings
- Serves as the Kaizen Coach by assisting the plant with Kaizen identification, completion and reporting; loads monthly Kaizen activity and archive report
- Assists with the development and implementation of plant specific training courses and associated materials
- Performs APS, 5S, LPA and safety audits
- Develops a program to foster continuous CI suggestions from the hourly workforce
- Ensures all RFQ’s meet manufacturing guidelines, are returned in a timely manner and filed in a controlled location
- Ensures compliance with all related TS-16949 and ISO-14001 procedures
- Ability to influence the organization to drive lean implementation
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience
- Bachelor degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical Engineering) or Business Management is strongly preferred
- 3+ years of related work experience in an automotive manufacturing environment is required, including hands-on experience implementing and supervising Six Sigma and Lean projects
- Must be comfortable working with and presenting to all levels of the organization
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt strongly preferred
- Kaizen workshop experience
- Excellent oral and written skills, including presentation skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write detailed reports, analysis and correspondence, effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of senior managers, customers and suppliers
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form
- Proficient in MS Office software (including PowerPoint, Project, Word, and Excel)
- MS Access software and Mini-Tab preferred
The primary purpose of this job description is to summarize the key/essential duties. Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Autoneum North America, Inc.Why Work Here?
Autoneum is a global leader in acoustic and thermal management for vehicles. Looking for a leader with a Lean and/or Six Sigma background.
Autoneum is globally leading in acoustic and thermal management for vehicles. The Company develops and produces multifunctional, lightweight components and systems for interior floor and engine bay as well as the underbody. Customers include almost all automobile manufacturers in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Africa. Autoneum operates 55 production facilities and employs more than 12,000 people in 25 countries. The Company with its headquarters in Winterthur, Switzerland, is listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ticker symbol AUTN).
645 N Lallendorf RdOregon, OH