ADESA Yaphank, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ADESA Long Island is part of the KAR Global family a leader in automotive remarketing. As Production Manager for this site, this position will be part of the site management team responsible for overseeing and managing the Body Shop and Detail Shop. The person that will excel in this role has 3 to 5 years of experience successfully managing a production shop and will have strong people leadership skills and inspire their team through leading by example.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Production Manager operates production shops in accordance with corporate guidelines to ensure maximum production volume and profitability. Responsible for directing all operations in an efficient and productive manner to the standards required for quality and service to the auction customers. Perform all additional duties assigned by designated manager. Must know, practice, and ensure that company policies, procedures, and applicable state and federal laws are followed at all times.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide prompt and courteous service both in person and on the phone. Maintain a professional appearance and neat work environment consistent with company policy.
- Ensure that customers receive prompt, courteous and efficient service from all employees.
- Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner and advises the General Manager or designee of all serious complaints or incidents.
- Interview and select employees for the Departments supervised. Coordinate recruiting and hiring process and procedures with Human Resources Representative per company policy.
- Develop, coordinate, and train all employees within the department in accordance with company policy and guidelines. Monitor training conducted to ensure adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Ensure the assigned production shops are properly staffed at all times to workload requirements. Monitor and control payroll costs within budgeted targets. Attend a Profit and Loss Statement review each accounting period with the Controller. Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation with weekly and monthly corporate financial reports. Initiate and follow up on any discrepancies.
- Prepare and conduct performance appraisals for direct reports per company policy. Monitor and maintain all wage and salary guidelines within the department
- Monitor inventory levels and work with other Managers to ensure maximum turnover of inventory without loss of sales. Advise and assist with corrective procedures when needed. Initiate and complete accurate inventory transfers as instructed.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all contractual customer, contractor and supplier agreements in conjunction with the accounting department.
- Monitor and control the condition of assigned production facilities, vehicles, property and equipment for proper maintenance, cleanliness, and safety. Conduct periodic routine
- inspections to determine and ensure that standards are met per auction and company guidance. Advise General Manager or designee of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately.
- Ensure that all work areas are not a potential threat to employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures for employee or customer accidents, injuries, or loss or damage to property. Report all incidents to General Manager or designee immediately per auction policy. Practice and instruct all employees in proper loss prevention and reaction procedures per company policy.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Three (3) to five (5) years of operational production shop experience, with management duties.
- Must be qualified to operate a motor vehicle and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- The physical activity requirements of the position are Sedentary to Medium Physical Work.
- Visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception and field of vision comparable to definitions for Clerical, Administrative, Machine Operators (including inspection) positions.
- Constant –reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing
- Frequent-stooping, repetitive motion
- Occasional- balancing, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Potential - running, jumping, yelling or other rapid forceful movement in emergency situations.
Physical Working Condition:
This position is subject to inside and outside environmental working conditions including temperature changes, outside weather conditions, slightly elevated ambient noise levels, minor potential physical hazards as electrical, mechanical, and cleaning equipment, body shop, painting and cleaning chemicals; and minor atmospheric conditions affecting skin or respiratory systems such as fumes, odors and dusts associated with body shop and paint operations .
425 E Patchogue Yaphank RdYaphank, NY
ManufacturingView all jobs at ADESA