• Work with manufacturing engineer, project engineers, and program managers, set up personnel and maintenance departments to reduce costs and remove non-value added material from productions lines.
• Work with program managers and project engineers at the APQP stage of a program start-up.
• Plan assigned work in an efficient method to minimize machine downtime while ensuring employee safety is maintained.
• Troubleshoot process automation problems.
• Perform regular housekeeping duties.
• Work within QS9000 procedures and requirements.
• Work with engineering following PPAP approval in resolving non-value added processes.
• Work in design stage of processes both for start-up and current production projects.
• Assign work tasks where applicable to co-worker(s).
• Ensure work is performed in a manner that minimizes downtime.
• Ensure all new and rebuild equipment has all features required by CSA, OSHA, and Electrical Safety Code.
• Perform root cause analysis failure.
• Perform periodically Plc and program backup.
• Maintain updated and controlled Plc program data base.
• Maintain equipment documentation updated.
• Participate in meetings with supervisors, co-workers and employees to plan upcoming activities and to update projects.
• Minimum requirement of three years experience in CNC and robotic repair/ programming.
• Understanding of electrical / electronic schematic diagrams, blueprints and pneumatic/hydraulic systems. Ability to refer to quality specification forms to verify that products comply with required standards for dimensions, material compositions and tolerance levels for strength, durability and stress tests.
• Ability to schedule production activities for all phases of design, maintenance and inspection to meet the time requirements of contracts. These schedules are based upon the availability of equipment and machinists and upon the production deadlines set for clients.
• Ability to evaluate condition of damaged mechanical equipment and make recommendations for repair or replacement. Compare states of each item before and after damage, consider cost and feasibility of repairs in compliance with codes and regulations and examine advantages of replacing equipment. Assess suitability of new equipment needed for installations and repairs.
• Ability to work in teams that include engineers, machinists, and architects.
• Ability to provide technical support and services to engineers.
• Knowledge of advanced PLC programming including Allan Bradley, ControlLogix/RS Logix, Siemens S7, Fanuc. Knowledge of robot systems (ABB, Motoman). Basic knowledge of computer networking, Ethernet connections, TCP/IP protocol. Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
• Attend formal professional development seminars and conferences as needed. Conduct self directed studies by reading journals and trade publications. Must be aware of new technologies and advances in the engineering field.