A local Michigan company with an office in the Novi, MI area who are industry leaders in the design, build and installation of heat treat equipment for the automotive industry are actively seeking multiple Controls Engineers for direct hire opportunities with their growing team. These are exciting opportunities for Controls Engineers looking for opportunities with a good work / home life balance, reasonable travel, and stability.
Controls Engineering rates are anticipated to be $65,000-$90,000/year based on each candidates experience and education. We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401k matching, and bonus opportunities up to 10%.
Qualified Controls Engineers will have most, if not all, of the following skills and experiences:
* 3-10 years of recent / relevant Allen Bradley PLC hardware and software experience including sizing and specifying components, developing hardwire drawings, writing PLC code, testing, programming, and system troubleshooting.
* Solid skills developing FactoryTalk HMI screens is a strong benefit.
* Solid knowledge of NFPA is of high value including NFPA 70 and 79 Standards.
* Working knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical is a strong benefit, will consider additional electrical design software familiarity including the ability to update as built drawings.
* Must be able to travel 20-25% overnight, installs/troubleshooting trips are typically of shorter duration as projects are typically smaller ($100,000-$5 million) and this company also utilizes a Mechanical / Electrical Field Service team for site emphasis.
* A BS in Electrical Engineering is a benefit. Will consider relevant Associate degrees + 5 years of recent / relevant experience with PLC controls.
* Must be authorized to work in the US- no O P T / H 1 B applicants please.
* Must be able to complete standard pre-hire checks including background, drug screen, references, authorization to work in the US, etc.