We are looking for a Site Leader to join our team! This position is responsible for the coordination and execution of operational duties within the facility, including developing the team, serving the customer and delivering results.
· Hands on leader. Direct involvement with daily shipping and receiving operations will be required. Need energy and the ability to lead people. This position has 6 - 10 direct reports.
· Provide daily operations oversight for assigned warehouse associates and drivers.
· Lead and drive corporate culture and initiatives through hands on interactions with facility teams.
· Ensure daily demands are executed in accordance with Company and Ops Team values and philosophies, including senior leadership expectations.
· Must be able to handle multiple priorities in a team based setting. This position is 1st in command in the facility.
· Lead the overall direction, coordination and performance of facility operations including safety, customer satisfaction, metrics, transportation, inventory and P&L.
· Maximize safety, quality, and productivity throughout operations by utilizing best practice techniques in distribution/transportation operations
· Formalize policies and procedures in accordance to HR regulations including interviewing, hiring and training of associates.
· Allocate resources and materials to meet project deadlines.
· Track and forecast operational trends and analysis via creation, coordination, and reporting on KPI’s that are applicable to the operation
· Must possess Innovative thought process with ‘FORWARD’ thinking mentality with a continuous improvement mindset.
· Self-Motivated & able to work without constant oversight/direction.
· Preps for & performs team member performance reviews; Takes the lead in coaching and developing associates.
· Manages team’s time efficiently & in line with company policies.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Must be dedicated and committed to Company and Operations Teams’ values & operating philosophies.
· Must possess a results oriented & continuous improvement mindset, placing team above self and being driven by a can do spirit, dedicated to serving the team and customer base.
· Strong leadership qualities with high energy level to drive & implement change.
· Ability to coach and mentor associates is required.
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required.
· Previous experience in remote-site operations management
· Strong WMS background. Experience with HighJump WA is preferred.
· Possess thorough understanding of delivery route creation, analysis, and optimization. Experience with TMS is preferred.
· Strong project management skills
· Strong problem solving, root cause analysis and critical thinking skills
· Previous P & L responsibility required
· Strong PC skills. Proficiency in Access, MS Project and CAD would be considered a plus.
· Background in implementing warehouse best practices
· Strong background in change management.
· 3rd party transportation supplier management
Working Conditions and Physical Demands include:
· This position is performed both inside a warehouse and outside so weather conditions may include extreme heat and cold.
· This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, stooping, crouching and climbing all day.
· The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 49 lbs.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.