To develop and grow our automotive paint and ancillary paint products based on objectives established by your manager. You will be responsible for setting up and training collision repair shops and auto body suppliers/jobbers on features, benefits and proper use of our products in order to help develop customer accounts and optimize sales to these customers. You will be required to travel on behalf of the company in order to fulfil this role.
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5 years sales and technical experience in the automotive paint industry, together with an exceptional customer service skillset.
- Experience in the PBE industry as a painter, shop technician or manager would be an asset.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to speak Spanish would be an asset.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the United States.
- Visit jobbers and body-shop customers in your designated territory on a daily basis to demonstrate the use, features and benefits of the range of Automotive Art Refinish products with the objective of maximizing sales and end user results with our Automotive Art product line.
- Assist in recruiting jobbers and body shops for the company’s portfolio of products in your designated territory, while adhering to the company’s philosophy of providing protected trade areas for jobbers, provided that they adhere to sales targets to maintain the exclusivity.
- Setup and train new jobbers and body-shop customers on the correct use of Automotive Art Refinish products, our system and color tools and other paint related materials. This includes assisting customers with the setup of mixing systems, color software and ensuring they understand and are comfortable in using products as per technical data sheets and are obtaining suitable results and productivity.
- Provide the highest standard of courteous service to each customer through expert technical advice and product knowledge, delivered in a prompt and timely manner.
- Assist customers in resolving color requests and communicating any color support to the responsible color contact for our factory.
- Perform primary role of technical support for customers in your territory, and also assist in technical support in other regions as requested by your manager.
- Advising customers on product options, performance features and benefits, and technical data as it relates to the portfolio of products being managed.
- Schedule and manage customer visits to auto body suppliers and collision repair shops in order to optimize sales. This includes updating the company’s CRM platform, in order to capture details of the visit and identify opportunities to supply products they may be purchasing from other parties, and develop plans with sales team to optimize sales to these customers.
- Assist sales representatives, warehouse distributors and jobbers in recruiting customers by demonstrating the features, benefits and value of the Automotive Art Refinish System and related products relative to products that they currently distribute or use.
- Assist management in gathering competitor activities, prices and market intelligence and in making recommendations on price and marketing strategies to optimize profitable sales growth in North American markets.
- Make recommendations to management on new products required to fit market needs and assist in research and testing prior to introduction.
- Follow-up with customers to confirm that they are achieving good results with the use of our refinishing products. Assist in troubleshooting and training on correct use and application where needed.
- Prepare and host demonstrations of our product lines in a professional manner.