Sr. Automation Engineer
- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Our client is looking for an exceptional Sr. Automation Engineer with strong technical expertise including Allen-Bradley PLC and HMI programming to live and work in the Charlotte, NC area.
Must have experience in Allen Bradley PLC Motion, Ignition, FactoryTalk View SE/ME, hardware design and documentation, including power distribution and component sizing, motion control and electrical panel QC experience is highly preferred. This position is responsible for managing and overseeing engineering project scopes, budgets and expectations, and designing systems.
This position requires up to 25% travel to support customers and is additionally responsible for building and maintaining customer relationships, supporting sales and marketing. Travel is typically regional.
Why work here?
- Variety of projects in a variety of industries and technology including; Food & Beverage, Consumer Goods, Life Sciences and General Manufacturing industries.
- Growth and advancement is encouraged in this growing mid-size company.
- Excellent benefits; health and life insurance, 401K matching, bonuses, profit-sharing, paid vacation and holidays, Employee Assistance Program.
- Professional training and Career Path Program.
- Education Assistance Program
- Family oriented culture with work-life balance encouraged.
- Potential of bonus and field pay on top of salary.
Successful candidates will have:
- BS Degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- At least five years related experience or combination of education and experience.
- Robotics and motion control experience.
- Project Management experience.
- PE is preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of PLC configuration/programming, Allen Bradley and Siemens experience required.
- HMI configuration/programming.
- .NET Programming.
- HTML5 Programming.
- Ability to handle projects from start to finish.
- Ability to focus on the customer's needs.
- Passion and experience with control systems integration.
- Able to travel up to 25%. Typically regional but you should be able to obtain a passport.
Design & Development
- PLC/HMI programming
- Vision-guided Robotics
- Motion Control
- Manufacturing Intelligence
Robots and Vision
- Work cell design
- Mechanical components
- Primary point of contact for project-related customer interactions
- Manage project schedules.
- Manage project budgets.
- Ensure compliance with the company Project Methodology
- Stay current on technology trends in area(s) of focus.
- Bring product ideas to the table.
- Participate in R&D initiatives.
- Assist with market research and competitive market analysis.
- Direct customer interaction and garnering an understanding of their needs.
- Creative problem solving/solution development to address those customer needs.
- Prepare proposal cost estimates for the automation solution.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.