Smart Factory Product Manager - Planning & Scheduling Solutions
- Posted: 13 days ago
This is a remote position. You must live within a 1-hour drive of a major airport and be able to work from home when not traveling.
Our client is defining the Smart Factory landscape. They are pioneering a new model for a new digital world. They are seeking an experienced product manager who has led the definition, design, and development of innovative software products that are widely used by manufacturing companies.
Work you'll do
The Product Manager will play a critical role in defining, designing, and developing software products that will be included in the company's Smart Factory Product Suite. Every user-centric product or module in the Suite is designed with a specific user role in mind such as an SVP of Manufacturing, Plant Manager, Maintenance Manager, Quality Manager, Production Scheduler, Buyer, Planner, and more! You will collaborate with product owners, end-user representatives, UX/UI designers, architects, engineers, and customer support specialists to understand a specific user's problems and goals, ideate and assess potential solutions, and ultimately develop the ideal user experience for each user role. You will also work with the Smart Factory standard service teams, pricing teams, and marketing teams to monetize software products, help pair them with consulting services, and help bring them to market. The Product Management role is a hands-on leadership role that includes both strategic planning and tactical project management to ensure end-to-end organizational readiness to nurture a product at its stage in the software development lifecycle.
- Manage the product lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Manage the product lifecycle from visioning and roadmap development to end-to-end market readiness
- Gather requirements from product owners and end-user representatives
- Decompose products and modules into epics and features
- Prioritize epics and features (i.e., own the roadmap, backlog, and release plan)
- Conduct build-buy-partner assessments to inform delivery model decisions
- Lead internal governance activities required for market entry
- Work with standard service teams, marketing teams, and sales teams to develop revenue forecasts and deliver revenue objectives
- Guide the development of product artifacts created by sales and marketing teams (e.g., product positioning, value proposition, marketing collateral, and product demonstrations)
- Guide the development of product artifacts created by architects and technical writers to support client service delivery and user adoption (e.g., user manual, interface control documents)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Computer Science, or equivalent field
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in a fast-paced product management role for software products
- 2+ years of demonstrated success in a product management role for a software product aimed at manufacturing companies and shop floor user roles
- Proficiency in Agile Project Management Tools like Jira
- Experience providing feedback to UX/UI designers in design tools (e.g., Figma, InVision, Sketch)
- Proven record of launching new products, continuously improving them through feedback loops and release management, and significantly increasing user adoption and/or revenue over time
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with UX/UI design, engineering, and architecture teams to develop software applications that will delight end-users
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- A proactive planner and communicator who has demonstrated an ability to eliminate ambiguity, operate independently, and ensure leadership is aware of all the key risks, issues, and blockers
- Experience managing a diverse range of cross-functional stakeholders, demonstrating an ability to build relationships and influence others to ensure product goals are accomplished
- Willingness to travel (25%) periodically.
- 2+ years of experience with Advanced Planning Solutions (APS) that are used to create production schedules for factories. Examples include Blue Yonder Production Planning, Siemens APS, and O9
- 2+ years of experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solutions that are used to create production schedules for factories. Examples include SAP ERP, Oracle ERP, and Infor ERP
- Certified Product Master from the Pragmatic Institute
- Certified Product Manager from the Pragmatic Institute, Product School, or Association of International Product Marketing & Management (AIPMM)
- New Product Development Professional (NPDP) Certification from the Product Development & Management Association (PDMA)
BusinessView all jobs at Automationtechies