Senior Production Manager (Electro-Mechanical)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For over 30 years our client has been providing turnkey test and measurement, data acquisition, control systems, and other complex systems to their clients in the aerospace, defense, and energy sectors. As a growing technology company, they provide excellent growth and career advancement opportunities.
This position reports to the Senior VP of Engineering and Manufacturing and has direct management responsibility for production personnel and processes. This involves interfacing with other groups in the company including Sales, Accounting, Purchasing, Quality/Supplier Management, and Engineering.
The Senior Production Manager will lead manufacturing activities in a low-volume/high-mix environment for electromechanical and electronic systems. Assembled systems include off-the-shelf instrumentation as well as custom cabling and signal routing boxes. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage both daily and long-term production and assembly aspects including personnel hiring/scheduling, materials, subcontractor management, resource planning, workflow, training/certification, and floor layout
- Ensure all manufacturing deliverables are on-time, on budget, and meet customer quality requirements
- Provide primary point of customer contact after contract award for status related to the performance of the contract (e.g., production/test readiness reviews, first article or source inspections)
- Develop, implement, train, and maintain relevant processes and procedures
- Maintain CPAR database and implement associated actions and training
- Ensure team adherence to policies and procedures for labor, safety, and compliance
- Collaborate with all departments to select and integrate an MRP/ERP system
- Support job proposal activities including material and labor estimations
- 10+ years experience in a fast-paced environment managing a team for similar technical products (high mix electrical/electromechanical assemblies)
- Four-year degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Detail-oriented approach and strong organizing/planning/prioritizing skills
- Strong troubleshooting, analytic and problem-solving abilities, and an innovative/resourceful mindset
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision and manage risks using good judgment
- Self-motivated and results-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
- Eligible for export-controlled work (US citizen or permanent legal resident)
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Experience with ISO9001/AS9100 and ERP/MRP systems
- Experience with DOD, Government, and Aerospace contract adherence and flow-downs
ManufacturingView all jobs at Automationtechies
Get fresh Measurement jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.