- Posted: over a month ago
Relocation assistance is available! Come to "Almost Heaven, West Virginia" and work with a team that will make you feel like family. A National Manufacturer that has been in business for over 50 years is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to work in their West Virginia facility.
In this role, you will work to develop manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Deliver technical solutions for achieving the operations Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost (SQDIC) metric objectives.
- Maintain process and facility equipment for the development, implementation, and day-to-day supervision of maintenance systems, processes, and documentation associated with efficient and High Performing Manufacturing Organizations (Prevention and Predictive Maintenance, TPM, SOPs, Safety, etc.)
- Ensures maintenance is scheduled in a timely manner and works closely with Production to schedule and accomplish equipment and facility repairs.
- Develops and/or maintains Key Performance Indicators for tracking and reporting the performance of the maintenance function (supplier performance, 3rd party contractor performance, equipment reliability, overall equipment effectiveness, etc.)
- Provides long-term solutions and day-to-day support to all operating teams having issues with troubleshooting, problem analysis, equipment failures, etc.
- Evaluate and improve processes in manufacturing systems.
- Follow and promote established best practices for process excellence.
- Share best practices to help build a centralized knowledge base, including updating processes and procedures upon achieving significant improvements.
- Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs, and changeovers.
- Champion the continuous improvement process and relative metrics
- Develop and implement systems that optimize all phases of the production process.
- Trains employees on proper work methods and safety procedures.
- Ensures tasks are completed in accordance with OSHA standards and regulations.
- Maintains accurate records of maintenance work performed and inventory.
- Provides regular status reports to various audiences
- Modification of PM frequencies based on known/documented failure(s) history
- OEM best practices and feedback from mechanics/inspections.
- Oversee the creation of nonscheduled work orders, and maintain a history of repairs, parts used and parts cost tracking.
- Parts inventory and analysis.
- Maintenance reporting Identifying capital needs focused on operational improvements within the facility.
- Submitting comprehensive formal capital requests, including designing the scope of projects and timeline from equipment acquisition through project completion.
- Participate in securing project job bids process and providing recommendations.
- Bachelor's Degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial engineering preferred
- AutoCAD experience preferred
- 3+ years of Manufacturing experience required, industrial experience is highly preferred
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently
- Strong Microsoft office skills including Excel and related computer applications
- Proven detail attentiveness, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent math and measuring skills
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to interact with various departments such as Quality, Safety, Production, Maintenance, etc.
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles and tools preferred
- Less than 10% travel
Why work here?
- Great benefits and competitive compensation, including 401k and profit sharing
- Been in business for over 50 years
- A family-feel culture that cultivates employee longevity
ManufacturingView all jobs at Automationtechies
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?