- Expired: March 23, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Nearing 40 Years in business and having over 30 facilities across the USA this engineering firm has been named on the ENR Top 500 Design Firm list and has continued to climb in rank over the years. In addition, they have been named as a certified integrator by many vendors as they do not focus on just one platform, but their engineers will work with the customer choose the best platform for each application. With near 500 employees nationwide they have become one of the largest and established firm in the United States.
Reasons to work for this company:
- Opportunity to get involved with challenging projects
- Great bonus program
- Comprehensive medical/dental insurance
- 401K match and Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- They have a great reputation in the industry and with their customers
You will be responsible for controls engineering project requirements involving PLC programming, HMI/SCADA programming, control panel design, instrumentation specification, check-out support and commissioning assistance.
- Task identification, prioritization and scheduling with personal accountability to ensure commitments are met.
- Early problem identification and conflict resolution.
- Working under the direction of other experienced engineers
- Continuous improvement: methodology, lessons learned, templates, efficiency tools, etc. to streamline project execution.
- Direct/frequent communication and interaction with clients.
- Ensures compliance with all regulations, codes, etc. as they apply to the contract and project(s).
- Technical writing including project definition and requirements, clearly delineated status reporting, process control sequence of operations, standard practices and procedures, scope of supply, requests for information, customer correspondence and code commenting.
- Provide engineering design, development, and implementation including software (DCS/PLC, HMI, etc.). Provide support to lead engineer for hardware engineering (systems integration, instrumentation callout, panel layout, and construction), and systems design (integration of the various components on any given project).
- Support factory/site acceptation testing, user acceptance testing and user training.
- Programming control logic, graphics construction, device communication, database configuration, etc.
- Read, interpret and update: documents, drawings and specifications related to process control and automation projects. Typical documents may include PFDs, P&IDs, single line diagrams, cable and conduit schedules, instrumentation and control data sheets, I/O lists, etc.
Ideal candidates will possess most of the following:
- Education: BA/BS degree in engineering or related discipline (Electrical, Chemical, Controls or Computer Engineering degree preferred). Technical degree and equivalent experience may be substituted.
- Experience: 3+ years of directly related experience in process control and/or manufacturing and/or information services.
- Candidates with Rockwell and Cimplicity experience given preference.
- PLC, DCS and/or SCADA/HMI: design, development and deployment experience.
- Strong leadership and client relation skills.
- Good engineering and good documentation practice. Experience (or willingness) using collaboration tools (such as SharePoint) to work effectively within remote teams.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word. SharePoint experience a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written ability with the aptitude to communicate professionally with client and project leadership.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and ability to travel up to 25%
Strongly-preferred Specific Needs (some combination of the skills below):
- Diverse Process Knowledge: Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Water & Wastewater etc.
- Schneider Unity programming experience
- Allen Bradley ControlLogix programming (PlantPAx a plus) experience.
- SCADA/HMI experience (ICONICS or Wonderware a plus).
- Checkout, testing, startup and commissioning experience
ManufacturingView all jobs at Automationtechies