Automation & Modular Co Davisburg, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
AMC is a manufacturer of automated conveyor systems, leak test and functional test systems, and assembly cells. Our customers are mostly Tier 1 & Tier 2 suppliers to the major automotive companies.
AMC has an available Controls Engineering position; the ideal candidate will:
- Design & document machine electrical schematics using EPLAN and AutoCAD
- Design machine control hardware with primarily Allen Bradley and Siemens components
- Develop machine control software for both Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs
- Applicant must have strong PLC machine control proficiency (hardware and software) together with an ability to achieve schedule, budget and quality objectives.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Create electrical schematics; identify the specific cables, connectors, fuses, circuit breakers and/or other electrical devices for established project
- Work closely with vendors in identifying appropriate equipment necessary for the project
- Create and document cabinet design layouts, PLC modules, and terminal wiring within each box
- Create and maintain all BOM’s and ECN’s associated with all electrical designs
- Develop new designs to meet customer specifications
- Supports the development and maintenance of department standards
- Provide assistance to other functional organizations (Engineering, Manufacturing, Assembly, and Customer Service) throughout the life of the project
- Develop specifications for purchased equipment
- Maintains technical competency and work to expand technical skills and knowledge base.
- Support the start-up of projects on-site
- Work across function lines to support all “Controls” related functions such as logic development, and documentation completion.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE & OPERATING SYSTEMS:
- Proficient user of EPLAN & AutoCAD software for schematic design
- Proficient hardware and software skills with Allen Bradley & Siemens platforms
- Knowledge of robotic applications, specification and programming is desired
- Must demonstrate ability to develop designs from a blank sheet of paper
- A general knowledge of machine tool types, their function is required
- Ability to work to a schedule and budget
- A basic foundation in the mathematics and calculations for the design of electrical systems is required.
Required Education and Experience: Associate (minimum) degree in Electrical Engineering with 2-5 years of experience
Position: Direct Hire
Travel: Travel is required
Automation & Modular Co
ManufacturingView all jobs at Automation & Modular Co