Technology Engineer (Pre-Sales and Post-Sales Engineering)
- Expired: May 19, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Technology Design Engineer
Title: Technology Design Engineer
Reports to: Director of AV Engineering
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Are you the subject matter expert in the room? Are you a multitasker with a strong sense of problem solving? Do you believe in pursuing knowledge to continue to refine your expertise? Are you able to look at a problem and come up with multiple solutions? If you answered yes, then the Technology Design Engineer is the role for you.
What You Will Be Doing
Our Designers and Engineers work alongside the Sales team to provide solutions to potential clients and help secure new business. They serve as an expert adviser, internally and externally, and take pride in delivering high-quality solutions and knowledgeable insights. Technology systems include structured cabling, access control, video surveillance, and audio visual. Our team is fast paced with high output. We are looking for another team member that's up for the challenge!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting with clients to critically assess needs and provide expert technical advice.
- Working closely with the Sales team to review needs/solutions and answer questions, so they can properly communicate and discuss the project.
- Providing Red Carpet Service during client interactions to instill confidence in our capabilities.
- Designing technology solutions that meet the client's needs and ensure satisfaction with end results.
- Clearly documenting the solution and creating a technical scope of work and bill of materials that includes all components required for a successful installation.
- Pricing of the solutions
- Proposal formulation and presentation to the client
- Identifying and pursuing continuing education opportunities to stay current on technology trends and industry certifications
- Experience designing/installing one or more of our core technologies (structured cabling, access control, video surveillance, wireless, and audio visual)
- PMP, RCDD, and CTS certifications are preferred.
- Low voltage and/or security licenses are preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to manage your own time and workload
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret building blueprints, technical procedures, and specifications.
- Intrinsic motivation to solve problems and create opportunities
- Great teamwork skills and ability to collaborate
Founded in 1987, Automated Systems Design, Inc. (ASD) is a nationwide provider of design, engineering, and project management services for workplace technology. Our mission is to help our clients create, manage, and support technology-enabled spaces. We are fortunate to be in such a rapidly evolving and expanding industry; this provides ample opportunities for our business -and the people who make it all possible- to grow.
- Uncapped Commission
- 100% Paid Medical and Dental
- Up to dollar-for-dollar 401k matching (you are eligible for this after your 90-day waiting period)
- 15 days of PTO in your first two years and more with tenure
- Family 1st moto and belief
- Promotions and room for growth within
Our People & Culture
ASD's culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute honestly, and make a difference individually and collectively. Prioritizing diversity enables us to leverage different ideas and unique perspectives to bring more creative and innovative solutions to everything we do.
Automated System Design
Get fresh Design Tech jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.