This is a 2nd shift position.
At ALS we treat our employees, customers and carriers like family.
We have a new opportunity for a self starter who can work independently, has great communication skills and is solution minded.
The chosen candidate must be good with systems/computers, and have the ability to communicate well with internal and external customers. They must also be personally aligned with our values, including: Integrity, Passion, Grow or Die, Initiative, Persistence and OWN IT !
Previous experience in transportation, warehousing or logistics is required.
You will be working in the office and in the warehouse, providing support to all after hours needs. Your important responsibilities will be to track and trace loads, provide support and attention to all warehouse activities including loading/unloading through use of a forklift, inventory management utilizing software or computer systems, etc. and keep customers, carriers and internal team members up to date with all relevant information.
· Track and trace loads traveling in the US and Mexico while ensuring all requirements from the customer are met.
· Respond promptly to problems, find a solution, and looks for ways to improve.
· Develop trustworthy relationships with internal and external customers.
· Identify carriers to handle available loads secured by our Sales and Account Management teams.
· Negotiate rates and explain load requirements.
· Always having a positive outlook on all types of situations.
· Successful and efficient communications within the operations department.
· Understanding the importance of customer service, in all situations (good or bad).
· Develop quality relationships with customers and their supplier's.
· Manage the customer's orders to ensure expectations from the customer are met.
Due to the nature of the position only consider bilingual (English-Spanish) applicants for this important role.
College degree or some college classes taken preferred, High School Diploma/GED required.
Must have intermediate level Excel proficiency.
· Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop effective relationships.
· Excellent oral/written communication skills.
· Ability to persuade, motivate and influence others.
· Excellent Time Management skills.
· Ability to work autonomously.
- Training and mentorship
- Internal promotion opportunities
- Competitive salary, full benefits and 401k