- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Automated Control Concepts (ACC), LLC is a Private Equity-Backed platform company that is growing organically and through acquisitions. ACC specializes in process control, manufacturing intelligence, cyber security, and industrial networking. ACC provides services and solutions from initial requirements definition and system design through the implementation and commissioning of plant-wide systems. The cornerstone of our commitment to building long-term relationships with our customers is making every interaction an outstanding experience. At each step we strive to create lasting relationships built on quality, service, and responsiveness.
ACC is looking for a Controller. The Controller will have responsibility for the accounting and financial reporting functions for ACC, including the establishment, application and management of accounting policies, procedures and systems. This person will be charged with overseeing all day-to-day accounting operations, ensuring efficient and effective integrated operations in general accounting, reporting, internal controls, project accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, tax and cash management. The Controller is a full-time, salaried, exempt position, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilize internal systems to develop and improve upon operational and management reporting. Involve the operating departments in the creation of budgets, performance metrics and analysis. Ensure information is provided to the operating departments in a clear, effective and timely manner. Educate non-finance leaders on the economics of the business and the financial implications of business decisions.
- Direct the establishment, implementation and application of accounting and financial controls, policies and procedures for important financial and administrative processes. Provide leadership to streamline processes and increase the profitability of products and services.
- Manage the implementation of technology utilization initiatives, including enhancements to existing financial systems. Implement new technologies and corresponding processes to improve financial reporting (BI 360 or similar).
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, ensuring timely preparation and distribution of financial statements to users including senior management and lenders as applicable.
- Manage all aspects of general accounting including A/R, A/P, G/L, inventory, job cost, credit, collections and timely month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing processes.
- Manage and prepare cash reporting and forecasting. Prepare bank borrowing certificates, reporting packages and bank covenant calculations.
- Support business integrations and ERP implementations for newly acquired companies.
- Oversee the review of the Company’s financial records and work effectively with outside accountants. Ensure preparation of year-end financial statements. Assist the CFO with other external relationships (banks, creditors, suppliers, customers, etc.).
- Manage and assess the Accounting team. Provide coaching and mentoring to stimulate staff development to accommodate business needs. Establish clear performance objectives by individual and for the team. Motivate and reinforce teamwork. Retain and attract competent and committed staff.
- Maintain tax calendar to coordinate payment of all estimated tax payments. Also, maintain matrix of all tax reporting requirements and library of current literature on tax issues of importance to the Company. Ensure that all local, state, federal, and international tax returns are properly signed and filed in a timely manner.
- Other duties and special projects like M&A due diligence may be assigned as needed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Inter-company transactions, and consolidation experience
- Experience implementing policies, procedures and sound systems of internal control
- Experience implementing and/or upgrading financial systems to streamline processes and workflows
- Experience using Sage 100 and Power BI preferred, experience with analytical tools (e.g., BI 360) desired
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a high degree of quality and technical accuracy while managing to tight deadlines and competing priorities
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel skills and intermediate skills in Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Ability to convey both oral and written information clearly and persuasively
- Experience managing and developing staff
Education, Certifications and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other related field required, CPA or CMA desired
- 10-15 years of experience, with at least 5 years controllership experience
- System integration/inventory and professional services consulting experience, including hands-on experience in revenue recognition (606) and project profitability
Duties are performed in an office environment. Controllers routinely use standard office equipment which includes, but is not limited to, computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets.
Must be able to sit and/or stand for prolonged hours consistent with the average workday; to operate a computer and other office equipment, including but not limited to computer, printer, etc.
ACC is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion int the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
ACC is looking for dedicated individuals to join our team and share in our success. The Company provides a supportive and engaging work environment that demonstrates that we value our employees. Our employees receive competitive salary, performance-based advancement, paid time off (PTO), health benefits and 401(k), as well as other great incentives. Qualified applicants may submit their resume for consideration.
Automated Control Concepts
AddressNeptune City, NJ
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Platform Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.