Project Quality Engineer-AOS (71681)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Description and Responsibilities
- Identifies risk, analyzes them, elevates to the correct level of management, suggests corrective actions, verifies closure of open issues
- Analyzes any product non conformities in order to solve issues and verify customer or Autoliv concerns
- Coordinates the disposition and hold of all suspect product
- Updates Control Plans and ensures that quality planning documentation is always updated JBS (Job Breakdown Sheet), DIS (Daily Inspection Sheet), TPA (Temporary Process Authorization), PFMEA, SWI (Standard Work Instruction), Visual aids, MVP, Gages.
- Initiates AS412 inspections and reviews and dispositions suspect product and determines further actions
- Implements statistical controls in processes as applicable
- Actively involved in Zero Defects workshops
- Actively involved in PFMEA Go and See and Fix in serial production
- Determines root cause for products, processes and materials that do not meet standards.
- Leads Problem Resolution Cross Functional team using the 8D-process.
- Provides feedback/recommendations to leadership as appropriate.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials/product.
- Collaborates with other engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Understanding of Design of Equipment (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) concepts.
- Encourages Jidoka culture to AMTs and production associates.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Team player with positive attitude
- Ability to foster healthy relationships with peers and leaders while modeling characteristics that improve the Autoliv culture
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal communication skills
- Must be team-oriented
- Enjoy working an off shift
- Ability to work with a cross functional group of individuals (Technical Support, Reactive Technicians, AMTs, Associates)
- Approachable by cross functional group of individuals
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Collaborate with Quality Engineers from all technologies within facility
- Hold strict to standards
- Assist AMTs in making critical decisions to minimize downtime and raise quality awareness
- Collaborate with Material Inspection in determining corrective action for material, process or product issues
Minimum Education Requirements
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree or equivalent experience. Candidate is actively pursuing a Mechanical or Manufacturing Degree
- Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree under unique circumstances.
Autoliv is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Autoliv does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Autoliv does business.
Autoliv United States
Get fresh Risk Management Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.