Control Room Operator
AutoGrid Systems Lexington, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
The world’s leading energy companies turn to AutoGrid to integrate all distributed energy resources, turn on new revenue streams and drive deeper engagement with their customers. Our suite of Energy Internet applications allows utilities, electricity retailers, renewable energy project developers and energy service providers to deliver clean, affordable and reliable energy in a distributed energy world.
How do we do this? By pioneering the science of flexibility management. This innovative approach enables energy providers to mine the Energy Internet’s rich data lode to extract flexible capacity from distributed energy resources. In turn, flexible capacity can be used to balance energy supply and demand in real time, increase the productivity and value of energy assets, and deliver new energy services to customers.
Established at Stanford University in 2011, we have assembled a team of world-class software architects, electrical and computer engineers, data scientists and energy experts who apply cutting-edge analytics and in-depth energy data science to solve the world’s most critical energy problems.
As a Control Room Operator, you will be expected to operate, monitor, and control distributed energy resources in accordance with applicable market rules to insure continuous operation and market procedure compliance under the direction and review of the Head of Market Operations. You will remotely operate and supervise distributed battery energy storage, combined heat and power, photovoltaic, and demand response distributed energy resources as well as manage the interactions with upstream wholesale markets and balancing authorities.
Responsibilities include troubleshooting faults indicated by automatically generated alarms as well as incidents reported via the operations hotline, verbally and electronically communicating with customer and market entities, and generally applying and adhering to currently posted operating procedures and applicable market rules. Other duties include but are not limited to keeping facility and shift logs, reporting both planned and unplanned outages, and performing necessary housekeeping duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Applicant must have at least 4 years experience in a shift based operations role, preferably in the energy sector
- Applicants must be able to present evidence of current PJM Generation Operator Certification, ISO New England Supply Resource Operator Certification, and CAISO Scheduling Coordinator Certification or be able to obtain within six (6) months
- Some overnight travel is required to attend periodic training sessions and testing
- US Veterans are encouraged to apply
Control Room Operators work in 12 hour shifts in a 24/7/365 rotation with two to four days off in a row and opportunities for overtime. Extensive computer and hand held telephone use is required as well as the ability to read and react to large, detailed computer displays. Operators must be able to speak clearly in, and understand spoken and written English on the phone and on computer displays
Benefits and Perks
- Working with a smart, collaborative, and fun group of people solving big important problems
- An exciting atmosphere, and an outstanding work/life balance
- Beautiful, spacious, modern office in Redwood Shores
- Flexible hours and choice of computer (Mac, Ubuntu, Windows)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Competitive health care, dental, and vision coverage
- Excellent 401(k) and flexible spending plans
- Three weeks of paid time off annually, in addition to 10 paid public holidays
- Life, short term and long-term disability, supplemental, and AD&D insurance
- Commuter transit, parking, biking, vanpool and park & ride benefits
AutoGrid is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring, employment or promotion decisions based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Powered by JazzHR
GovernmentView all jobs at AutoGrid Systems