EMPLOYER: Auto-Box,LLC/Sundisc Abrasives/Abrasives N More/Bevel Tools
DEPARTMENT: Shipping/Receiving – Multi-Company Warehouse
REPORTS TO: Business Owner; Various Company Managers
EFFECTIVE DATE: 6/25/2020
SUMMARY: Arranges shipment and receipt of goods in a warehouse environment for four separate companies. Keeps accurate record of tracking and receipts and relays all information to appropriate party in in a timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes all in and outbound shipments including but not limited to sorting, logging, delivering, packing, and shipping.
- Audits each shipment prior to shipping to ensure that goods match order.
- Packs and labels product based on established standards.
- Ensures that proper equipment, manuals, and accessories are shipped with correct order.
- Prepares shipping and receiving documentation; maintains orderly files for all documentation.
- Participates in scheduling of daily transportation.
- Processes all receiving transactions and paperwork and reports to appropriate party in a timely manner.
- Inspects all incoming freight for damage; follows-up with purchasing to resolve any damaged freight issues.
- Assists in maintaining material inventory levels.
- Assists in responses to requests for tracing of missing shipments.
- Assists in maintaining safety and housekeeping standards in shipping area.
- Performs required administrative tasks; prepares all required reports and correspondence to appropriate company.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Two to four years related experience or equivalent.
- Fork Lift Certification.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Applications; Experience with UPS Worldship a plus
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
An Ideal Candidate:
- Is Analytical They can synthesize complex or diverse information and use intuition and experience to complement the data they’ve been given. They might even create new work flows and procedures.
- Is Good at Problem Solving They identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and can gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Uses Sound Judgment They display a willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment. They can support and explain their reasoning for decisions, and when needed include appropriate people in their decision-making process. They can also make timely decisions.
- Enjoys Planning & Organizing They prioritize and plan their work activities. They use time efficiently, incorporating additional resources as needed, by setting goals and objectives. They can develop realistic action plans.
- Is Professional They approach others in a tactful manner, treating them with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. They react well under pressure and accept responsibility for own actions. They can be trusted to follow through on commitments.
- Is Adaptable They can adapt and deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events in the work environment. They are able to manage competing demands and change their approach or method to best fit the situation.
- Is Dependable They follow instructions and respond positively to management direction. They take responsibility for their own actions and keep commitments. They can commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, and they complete their tasks on time - if they can’t, they notify an appropriate person with an alternate plan of action.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Stand and walk 95% of the time.
- Extensive lifting and bending actions.
- Physically capable of lifting up to 75lbs
- Manufacturing environment with noise and temperature at varying levels.
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to bend, stoop or kneel
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Continually working near moving mechanical parts
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mylar Tab Cutting & Reinforcing
... and more.
We provide industry-leading capabilities with the dedicated service of a smaller, more agile converter – all in-house.