JOB FAIR!!!! we are holding a meet and greet job fair with a hiring manager on Wednesday 12/18 & Thursday 12/19 fom 10a-2p at the Rockford Workforce Connection 303 N Main St Rockford IL
Please apply for preferred interviews!
Auto Warehousing (AWC) has been family-owned and operated for more than 50 years and is North America’s leader in finished vehicle logistics. Our mission is to service customer vehicles safely, efficiently, with quality and pride. Our Associates are the reason for our success, and developing their talent remains critical to our future.
Part-time Positions- Nights! We are looking for several Part Time Shuttle Drivers for our Belvidere location. This will backfill the needed shifts and any influx of work. These shifts can last up to 12 hours depending on the work for that day and these are 3pm starts. You must be flexible with scheduling as this location runs 7 days a week and this is a 100% outside in all weather position. Apply today for fast consideration!
Shuttle Driver- Nights (up to 12 hour shifts) 3pm starts.
Summary of Position:
This position prepares moves and scans vehicles for processing and release to rail, haul-away carrier, plant returns and also to move vehicles to shipping companies as determined by our customer while scanning vehicle information to maintain accurate inventory control systems.
Essential Functions, Duties & Tasks:
- Drive vehicles from point A to point B as determined by customer requirements.
- Ensure vehicles are parked in proper locations.
- Ensure yard quality standards are met and maintained.
- Drive vehicles in-yard and over public roadways safely.
- Inspect cars to detect damage and to verify accessories are turned off.
- Abide by Vehicle Handling Instructions and processes required by the customer(s).
- Accurately scan vehicles and enter them correctly into the vehicle inventory processing system.
- Ensure that correct and appropriate tracking paperwork has been inserted in vehicles that were received and are cleared for movement.
- Scan vehicles in yard as required for processing
- Park vehicles in assigned areas according to model and bay locations.
- Move vehicles from staging areas to shipping bay locations.
- Must be able to follow directions.
- Maintain production standards of units per hour to meet production standards.
- Ability to walk distances in-yard in order to get to vehicles required to be moved.
- A behavior and conduct that maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so you get along with customers, vendors, co-workers and management.
- Good and regular attendance.
- Ability to work in a variety of situations.
- Must be able to work overtime to support customer requirements
- Notify supervisor of any workplace hazards or unsafe conditions.
- Ability to understand and follow AWC and Collective Bargaining Agreement policies and procedures.
- Positive demeanor.
- Any other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, write and comprehend documents and numbers
- Ability to read and interpret vehicle identification numbers accurately and efficiently
- Able to differentiate between colors for vehicle identification
- Ability to follow directions, both written and verbal
- Ability to adhere to strict quality and safety standards without variance
- Ability to interact with others effectively and work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate diplomatically
- Good visual ability
- Must have a good sense of balance
- Ability to stand, walk and work outdoors in all weather conditions (often extreme) for long period of time
- A behavior and conduct that maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so you get along with customers, vendors, co-workers and management
- Good and regular attendance
Education, Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license; good driving record with the ability to maintain a valid driver's license
- Ability to pass Safe Drivinq quiz with 80% or better
- Ability to stand up to 100% of the shift
- Ability to get in and out of vehicles driver’s door with minimal door opening clearance
- Must pass pre-placement testing
- Must be able to obtain and maintain e-RAILSAFE clearances
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to support customer requirements
Ability to work any shift, including weekends and holidays as required.
Auto Warehousing Company, including its subsidiaries, is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.