- Posted: over a month ago
Auto Warehousing (AWC) has been family-owned and operated for more than 50 years and is North America's leader in finished vehicle logistics. Our mission is to service customer vehicles safely, efficiently, with quality and pride. Our Associates are the reason for our success, and developing their talent remains critical to our future.
Our location in Jessup Maryland, is looking for a Operations Supervisor to join our team. This location runs 24/7 so you must be flexible with scheduling including weekends/holidays. This position comes with a competitive wage and an amazing benefits package- please apply today for immediate consideration!
Summary of Position:
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for organizing and scheduling staff and directing the day-to-day operations of all rail functions. This position is responsible for ensuring the quality loading of vehicles onto out-bound trains and unloading vehicles from inbound trains through efficient productivity of the work crews. This position coordinates the activities of all rail crews under the direction of the Terminal Manager, Operations Manager or Rail Manager, to ensure a well-coordinated, productive operation.
Essential Functions, Duties & Tasks:
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of personnel in order to load & unload vehicles in a productive, cost efficient manner.
- Direct the facility's day-to-day activities
- Oversee loading operations
- Oversee unloading operations
- Oversee receipt and scanning of vehicles into inventory system
- Oversee vehicle movement
- Assign personnel to job locations
- Ensure personnel have the support, tools and supplies needed for production
- Conduct audits and make suggestions for corrective actions as needed
- Observe and assist where needed
- Make appropriate changes in activities if needed
- Ensure all AWC policies and procedures are followed
- Daily communication with leads, other staff, and office personnel to determine staffing, supply and operational needs, and ensures these needs are met
- Ensures new personnel receive the appropriate training
- Responsible for the progressive disciplinary process in the area of counseling, warnings, and other corrective action to ensure that a productive labor climate exists
- Document performance issues and coordinate all corrective action with Terminal Manager
- Responsible for safety programs in order to provide a safe, clean workplace for all personnel and within the regulations of local, state, and OSHA standards
- Report accidents and injuries on appropriate forms and communicate such to all appropriate customers/vendors and AWC personnel
- Assists in the maintenance of equipment
- Assist in the maintenance of company vehicle
- Able to react to change
- Any duties as assigned
- A behavior and conduct that maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so you get along with customers, vendors, co-workers and management
- Good and regular attendance
- Ability to work in a variety of situations
- Positive demeanor
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated skills with MS Office; including intermediate excel and access skills.
- Thorough knowledge of operations and office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Ability to communicate with and deal effectively with customers, associates, and general public.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in the proper use of English, including proper spelling and punctuation.
- Knowledge and general ability to apply an understanding of invoicing/billing process, including an ability to perform routine business mathematics and understand accounts payable/receivable.
- Ability to perform a variety of functions requiring considerable exercise of independent judgment.
- Knowledge and ability to apply management principles and practices.
- Possess excellent planning, analysis, and organizing skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to produce accurate reports and information
- Drive vehicles with either an automatic or manual transmission
- Ability to pass driver's safety test at 80% or better
Education, Experience & Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license; good driving record
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in automotive manufacturing, warehousing, and shipping industry
- Internal and customer computer applications a plus; such as AS400/VIPS.
- BA in a business or logistics related program
Auto Warehousing Company, including its subsidiaries, is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Auto Warehousing Company
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?