Manager, Field Development - Great Lakes
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come join us as a Manager, Field Development in Cleveland! Individual will lead our Ohio Gala events and support our Pittsburgh Gala, drive all collegiate engagement for the market, and assist on other fundraising and market activities as assigned.
PURPOSE: Raise funds for Autism Speaks by recruiting and managing volunteers, raising awareness, and implementing fundraising and mission-related events to achieve revenue goals.
- Achieve the revenue goals for assigned fundraising events in the Market.
- Work with supervisor to establish and implement planning timelines, income goals, and expense budget and participant recruitment strategies.
- Execute events in partnership with volunteer leadership, specifically managing committee recruitment and retention.
- Achieve the assigned fundraising goals by implementing the strategies identified in the business plan, including sponsorship, corporate recruitment and retention and mission integration.
- Support the local implementation of global campaigns of Autism Speaks sometimes in collaboration with Outreach Director for region.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of assigned Chapter/Market events, including event logistics, data entry, acknowledgements, and materials management.
- Manage and provide administrative support to volunteer committees.
- Make presentations to businesses, organizations and community groups to secure sponsorship, recruit teams and committee volunteers and manage accounts on a year-round basis.
- Integrate digital marketing initiatives, such as email campaigns, fundraising websites, as well as other forms of digital outreach.
(The responsibilities listed above are representative and not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor. As outlined in your performance goal setting forms, you will be responsible for achieving the goals provided by and agreed upon with your manager.)
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, 3+ years professional working experience.
- 3+ years demonstrated leadership with focus on peer-to-peer fundraising, recruitment and management of volunteers, relationship-building, networking, budget management, and volunteer mobilization. Proven track record of multi-functional fundraising experience: special events, multiple walk events, corporate campaigns.
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work independently and recreate and implement fundraising and volunteer-development plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Superb customer service skills
- Ability to prospect, recruit, manage and develop volunteers
- Strong analytical skills
- Sound judgment
- Proficiency with MS Office 365
- Database knowledge (Raiser’s Edge and/or Luminate preferred)
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Ability to travel within chapter territory and occasionally for overnight meetings and conferences
- Must have valid driver’s license, insurance and access to reliable transportation
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Professional Behavior
- Customer Orientation
You are responsible for protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of all Autism Speaks data and information to which you have access.
Autism Speaks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural, and inclusive workplace. We recruit, evaluate, employ, and promote candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender identity or expression, protected veteran or military status, disability or other legally protected status. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for job openings. Reasonable accommodations will be provided. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
About Autism Speaks:
At Autism Speaks, our mission is to promote solutions, across the spectrum and throughout the life span, for the needs of people with autism and their families. We do this through advocacy and support; increasing understanding and acceptance of people with autism spectrum disorder; and advancing research into causes and better interventions for autism spectrum disorder and related conditions. Together with our broad and diverse community, we strive every day to achieve our vision of a world where all people with autism can reach their full potential. This mission and vision drive every member of our staff; our employees are inspired, energized and motivated by the impact we can collectively have on behalf of the autism community.
Autism Speaks celebrates every success achieved to create a kinder, more inclusive world for people with autism, and we work collaboratively across departments to find solutions that will do the most good for the most people.
Just as we strive to enhance lives today and accelerate a spectrum of solutions for tomorrow for people on the spectrum, we also aim to enhance the lives of our dedicated employees, through thick and thin.
Salary & Benefits:
Autism Speaks offers a competitive compensation, benefit and vacation package. We also provide flex work hours, weekly training sessions, tuition reimbursement and summer bonus Fridays in addition to a creative, innovative, collaborative, inclusive, kind and fun work environment.
For consideration, please forward your resume and cover letter.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Autism Speaks