Autism Academy for Education and Development Tempe, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- $55,000 to $75,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Autism Academy for Education and Development specializes in providing education to all students on the Autism Spectrum, Kindergarten to 12th grade. The Autism Academy believes that children with Autism will flourish with programming tailored to their specific needs.
Our Mission at the Autism Academy for Education and Development is to assist every student with Autism to be equipped and able to achieve academic, social, and behavioral excellence in an environment centered on strong character values.
Teachers at the Autism Academy ensure that each student feels safe and that their opinions and ideas are valued. A sense of community and belonging is created by fostering an environment of mutual respect.
Our teachers possess a unique dedication to students and commitment to each other as a team.
Students will be taught academic content with differentiated instruction in math, science, language arts, history, social sciences, PE and the arts.
AAED teachers are engaged with students and provide a multi-sensory approach to learning and real-world experiences.
Come join a great family who enjoys making a difference in the lives of our students! Curriculum as well as teaching and behavior mentors are part of our ongoing teacher support.
- Assistant Director for the 2021-2022 school year
- 401K Options/matching after 1 year
- Mentoring weekly
- District weekly support on campus
- Professional development monthly
- Behavior support for campus
- Campus ongoing teacher training and observation
- Certified teacher
- Minimum 10 years of teaching experience (preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role (preferred)
- Experience with special education students
- Certified special education teacher (preferred)
- Mastery and enthusiasm for best practices in Autism education
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Organizational skills
- Valid Arizona Fingerprint clearance card
Responsibilities included but not limited to
- Supervise personnel assigned to your campus, establishing clear expectations for roles, responsibilities, and performance to ensure that all job responsibilities are met and exceeded according to AAED
- Foster an environment where staff and faculty work cooperatively together.
- Effectively support classroom teachers
- Promote a positive tone for collaborative school/community relations by articulating the mission, seeking community support, and fostering rapport with all stakeholders.
- Confer with parents and staff to discuss educational activities. Communicate and meet with parents as needed, seeking their support and input, to create a cooperative relationship to support the student in the school
- Provide opportunities for effective staff development that address the needs of the instructional program and needs of the staff, including workshops, conferences, visitations, and sessions in which the staff shares successful practices and keep the staff informed and seek ideas for the improvement of the school.
- Enforce AAED rules, policies, and procedures
- Respond to disciplinary/behavior needs of students
- Coordinate use of school facilities for day-to-day activities and special events
- Attend IEP meetings as needed or requested
- Review report cards, progress reports and transcript documents as needed
- Attend evening / weekend school events and open houses
- Maintain compliance with all laws, administrative codes, policies, and regulations.
- Supervise monthly drills for emergencies and disasters.
- Prepare, organize, and maintain appropriate resources, reports, and statistical summaries.
- Assume responsibility for the health, safety, and welfare of students, employees and visitors while on campus.
- Observe classrooms daily to offer feedback to staff; evaluate / document staff performance with the Director
- Ensure support is available to all supportive staff, therapist, and instructional coaches on campus.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
Autism Academy for Education and Development
EducationView all jobs at Autism Academy for Education and Development