Aerospace Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Austin Staffing, Inc Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Austin Staffing Inc. is hiring an Aerospace Sr. Electrical Engineer for A direct hire position in Austin, Texas.
Your roles/responsibilities will include:
- The engineer in this role will have broad responsibility and ownership of New Product Introduction (NPI) projects from proposal through qualification testing and production support.
- Perform detailed electrical design and development of control systems in support of our product lines.
- Support proposal efforts in a fast-paced aerospace environment
- Develop detailed system performance models using MATLAB/SIMULINK (or equivalent)
- Allocate system requirements to components and subsystems.
- Design and develop electronic hardware including component selection and PCB/A layout
Your qualifications/skills should include:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college or university is required; a Master of Science degree is preferred.
- At least eight years of experience designing and developing motor controls and electromechanical control systems, power conditioning and distribution systems (20kW+), systems with common aerospace communication interfaces (RS-485/CAN), and real-time systems.
- Experience with C/assembly in embedded electronic systems, failure investigation and formal RCCA activities, safety, and reliability assessment (MTBF/FTA), and aerospace configuration management and control
- Familiarity with certification and compliance considerations (FAA, EASA)
- Knowledge of common CAE tools (Solidworks, Altium)
- Understanding of common Object-Oriented Programming languages (C++, Java)
- Prior experience operating in an AS9100 quality environment is preferred.
Austin Staffing, Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at Austin Staffing, Inc