CDL TRUCK DRIVER/BLAST CREW
- Posted: 5 days ago
CDL Truck Driver/Blast Crew
Looking to get off the road and be home nightly, including weekends? Do you enjoy the outdoors and like working as part of a team? Are you looking for a company who believes in the power of its team, its family and works to promote from within? Then Austin Powder may have the opportunity for you!
We are hiring a full-time CDL Truck Driver/Blast Crew to transport products, operate a mobile manufacturing vehicle, and provide labor support at job sites. This position offers a competitive wage and generous benefits including medical, dental, vision, a 401(k), a flexible spending account, life insurance, AD&D insurance, short-term disability, and an employee assistance program (EAP). As an employee, you can take advantage of our employee referral program!
ABOUT AUSTIN POWDER
Our values of commitment to safety, attention to detail, and the power of family are the bedrock upon which our company's culture is built and has been that way for over 190 years. We truly value our team which is why we offer competitive opportunities for career growth and advancement.
Austin Powder manufactures a full line of commercial explosives and provides blasting services to customers in the quarrying, mining, construction, and oil and gas industries -- all for the purpose of providing aggregate, energy, and mineral products to consumers.
Day in the Life as a CDL Truck Driver/Blast Crew Member:
- This position involves being outside in all weather conditions, lifting and carrying 50+ pounds of product and other materials, and frequently squatting and bending 75% of the workday.
- This position includes working at the Austin Powder location, as well as, customer sites as needed under the direction of the Location Manager/Location Foreman.
- Duties to include all requirements within the operation and maintenance of the location.
- You will handle packaged explosive products, operate manufacturing vehicles on the job site, and load and drive box trucks and dewatering equipment.
- Safety is always a priority whether you are driving or assisting the Blaster in charge with site preparation and equipment setup.
- Under the direction of the Blaster in charge or Location Manager, you will inspect product bins, inventory of product, and complete required paperwork.
- To keep your truck and equipment running properly, you will perform both general and preventative maintenance.
ALL YOU NEED FOR THE CDL Truck Driver/Blast Crew Member is the following:
- Valid Class-A or Class-B CDL license and clean driving record
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Physical ability to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Hazmat, tanker, and air brake endorsements highly preferred (we can help you get there)
- Must meet requirements of all State and Federal explosive laws and qualify as an ATF explosive possessor
- Unrestricted for operating manuals and automatics preferred
- You must be able to provide 10 years of work history to include information around gaps in employment
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this CDL Truck Driver/Blast Crew position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Revision Date: 10/18/21
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Austin Powder
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?