Architectural/Civil/Mechanical Engineer (Estimating)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are searching for an experienced AutoCAD 2019/2020 and Autodesk Inventor drafter, with experience in the construction and/or architectural industry. The Architectural/Civil/Mech Engineer (Estimating) assists the Estimating department by gathering pricing, performing quantity take-offs and delivering bids. Assist estimators by quantifying elements of construction using PDF plans, 2D CAD files, and 3D models including:
- Using Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets that can calculate, compare, and summarize quantities of construction materials.
- Reviewing contract documents, including drawings, and specifications. Ability to understand the scope of work, project constraints, construction tolerances, and different material types.
- Complete takeoffs utilizing partially complete or in progress design documents. Be able to conceptually visualize the general intent on incomplete drawings.
- Coordinate with other takeoff personnel working together to facilitate the takeoff off and quantity comparison of a project's construction components in a timely manner. Ability to stay on schedule and gauge the level of effort in order to complete the task at hand.
- Maintain organized records, working drawings, and take off summaries.
- Identify missing design elements or an overlap in work areas with other disciplines.
- Create exhibits for review purposes showing take off assumptions and communicating to others what has been included or excluded from quantity take off.
- Prospecting and securing new business towards achieving individual and team sales goals and objectives.
- Familiar with reviewing construction drawings and project specifications including general arrangements, plans and elevations, topographic site plans, site grading plans, typical sections, details, and cross sections.
- Engineering math skills, with ability to measure, calculate, and convert material volumes.
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Excel. Able to use Excel to create pivot tables, calculate end areas, calculate volumes, and summarize quantities. Must be able to create and or review complex mathematical formulas to assist with calculating area measurements.
- Professional experience in construction or infrastructure design preferred but not required.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on multiple projects, under tight deadlines with minimal direct supervision.
- Experience working on design build construction projects or estimates preferred but not required.
- Quantity Surveyor experience preferred.
- Strong eye for examining the nuisance of shape and contour of metal surfaces.
- Self-managed in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects and under minimal supervision
- Prior material takeoff and estimating background
- Ability to communicate complex methods, timelines, and findings to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Ability to compare, evaluate and generate recommendations for improvements or next steps.
- Associate degree in CAD Technology or engineering related field with 2 years of relevant work experience in heavy civil construction.
- Or Engineering or Construction Management Degree with 2 years of relevant work experience in civil construction and experience using CAD technologies.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Fast-paced, deadline driven office environment
- Must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management
- Simultaneously manage a diversified workload with multiple lines of reporting and communication.
Based in Charlotte, North Carolina, Austin Canvas & Awning is a cutting-edge, 70-year-old fabricator of architectural and structurally engineered, custom fabricated products. Established in 1946, Austin Canvas & Awning has grown as a key Fabricator & Finisher of Custom Aluminum Extruded Canopy Systems (Aluma Shield®), Awnings, Trellis', laser panels and other custom architectural designs. Servicing the New Construction market and the end user markets, we are passionate about creating designs to meet our customers’ needs and inspiring their aesthetic desires. We are a part of a multi-divisional company (PREM CORP) that also fabricates Heavy Haul Truck Tarps, Tarping Systems, and Industrial Canvas Products.
Employment Type: Full-Time, Salary (must work onsite).
Compensation: (commensurate with experience)
Benefits Offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and 401K
Location: Austin Canvas and Awning, 2901 Stewart Creek Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28216 (MUST WORK ONSITE).
Work Authorization: USA
*We are an equal opportunity and drug-free workplace that participates in E-Verify
Multi Divisional Company also fabricates Heavy Haul Truck Tarps, Tarping Systems and Industrial Canvas Products.
Austin Canvas & AwningWhy Work Here?
Austin has earned a reputation as a leader in Architectural Aluminum Fabrication and Finishing by investing in our Workers and Equipment.
Established in 1946, Austin Canvas & Awning has grown as a key Fabricator & Finisher of Custom Aluminum Extruded Canopy Systems (Aluma Shield®), Awnings, Trellis' and other Custom Architectural Elements. Servicing the New Construction, and the end user markets we are passionate about creating designs and solutions to meet our customer's needs, and inspiring their aesthetic desires. Multi Divisional Company also fabricates Heavy Haul Truck Tarps, Tarping Systems and Industrial Canvas Products.
2901 Stewart Creek BlvdHarrisburg, NC