We are seeking an aggressive, action-oriented, Administrative Assistant. The ideal candidate will be professional in appearance and tone, eager and quick to learn new things, computer savvy, and customer service oriented.
This is a direct hire, full-time position.
- Perform general administrative and support functions for the office to include preparing and maintaining files, paperwork, generating reports, answering the telephone, scheduling appointments, copying, faxing and occasional overnight shipping of documents, printing invitations and labels, preparing and mailing client prospect packets, event registration, and personal assistant tasks for the VP of Sales.
- Organize, coordinate, and maintain customer paperwork.
- Prepare and mail client birthday cards, anniversary gifts, and send other acts of kindness gifts as applicable.
- Handle routine matters for client accounts including processing name and address changes, bank authorizations, answering client questions via telephone and face to face.
- Organize office, maintain office supplies, and some inventory.
- Schedule and prepare files for client/customer reviews and prospect initial meetings.
- Assist as needed with projects, tasks and team support.
- Research and resolve client service problems by contacting companies to resolve issues or errors as needed.
- Ensure office procedures are followed.
- Record all transactions in appropriate logs
- Set-up client files correctly, input prospect and client data into CRM and obtain necessary information.
- Work with team to create and enhance systems and processes for the office.
Primary responsibilities will involve:
- Administrative support.
- Answering and fielding phone calls.
- Customer service support, job quotes, and sales orders.
- Scheduling and completing tasks.
- Office Management & Technology.
- Supporting the VP of Sales.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- A “Customer First” outgoing personality.
- Extremely organized and recognized for this trait.
- Excellent written communication skills. Emails will clearly convey message intended.
- Possess strong oral communication skills and clearly articulates words.
- Demonstrates tact and decorum when needed.
- Independent self-starter and solution focused.
- Takes pride managing a schedule and keeping multiple projects on track.
- Recognizes priorities and can multi-task be competing demands.
- Ability to follow-up and follow through.
- Solid math skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years (Required).
- Customer Service 3 years (Required).
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life
- Paid time off
- Full-time, Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Rate: $14.00 - $16.00/hour
Work Location: PREM CORP/Austin Canvas & Awning, 4525 Reagan Drive, Charlotte, NC 28206
Multi Divisional Company also fabricates Heavy Haul Truck Tarps, Tarping Systems and Industrial Canvas Products.
Austin Canvas & Awning
Why Work Here?Established in 1946, Austin Canvas & Awning has grown as a key Fabricator & Finisher of Custom Aluminum Extruded Canopy Systems (Aluma Shield®), Awnings, Trellis' and other Custom Architectural Elements. Servicing the New Construction, and the end user markets we are passionate about creating designs and solutions to meet our customer's needs, and inspiring their aesthetic desires. Multi Divisional Company also fabricates Heavy Haul Truck Tarps, Tarping Systems and Industrial Canvas Products.
A great group of professionals, working together to exceed customers' expectations while having fun and building great products.