Building Inspector - Crater Lake National Park
- Posted: July 01, 2022
- Per Diem
Ausland Group is looking for a Building Inspector to responsible for the project quality management programs on Commercial Construction Projects. This full-time position would be immediately based at a current construction project at Crater Lake National Park for a 6 months duration and subsequently will be based out of the Grants Pass Office. Lodging, per diem, and mileage reimbursement is provided.
What You'll Do:
- Assures work conducted on-site is in accordance with contract documents by:
- Conducting daily inspections of all phases of work and appropriate photo-documentation of activities
- Maintaining a project deficiency log in AG Procore
- Ensuring any deficiencies are corrected and re-inspected* .
- Ensures Superintendent coordinates project quality requirements with the schedule, submittal log, and third-party inspector.
- Ensures all required inspections and tests are performed with acceptable results per contract documents and are filed appropriately.
- Inspects materials onsite for damage upon arrival and proper protection during storage
- Works with Senior Quality Control Manager to develop Three phase QC/QA Plans for Definable Features of Work (DFOW)
- Ensures Superintendent coordinates inspections requiring the CO or their representative to be present on site.
- Ensures Superintendent coordinates special testing and inspections
- Ensures Superintendent coordinates inspections required by the Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Reviews Superintendent's Daily Reports for accuracy and ensures timely submittal to NPS
- Collaborates with Project Manager and Superintendent for successful project outcomes
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years field experience as an inspector, foreman, supervisor, or quality control manager
- Knowledge of building trades including architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, concrete, carpentry.
- Literacy in reading plans, specifications, building codes, and other contract related documents.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Solid computer skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to attain the US Army Corp of Engineers Construction Quality Manager Certification.
- OSHA 30 hr, CPR, and First Aid within 6 months of hire
- Valid drivers license and acceptable record.
- Ability to lift and move up to 40 lbs.
- Sitting (or driving), using hands, arm, & fingers, standing, climbing ladders/stairs & scaffold, and walk over uneven terrain.
- Communication using the spoken word, ability to see within normal parameters, and hear within a normal range.
- Make quick, precise adjustments to machine controls.
- Use muscles for extended periods without getting tired.
- Be physically active for long periods without getting tired or out of breath.
- Bend, stretch, twist, or reach out.
- Use fingers to grasp, move, or assemble very small objects.
- Adjust body movements or equipment controls to keep pace with speed changes of moving objects.
- Pass drug screening test.
Ausland is an equal opportunity employer. We revel in diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ausland's People Success Department at 541.291.7566 . More details on the official job description.
AddressGrants Pass, OR
ConstructionView all jobs at Ausland Group