Lead Network Engineer
Aurorium is the materials innovation partner that helps global manufacturers harness the power of possibility to make the world a better place. Their specialty ingredients and high-performance materials enhance quality of life, support health and wellness, and enable customers to deliver value-added solutions. Key industries served include household products, coatings & adhesives, energy & electronics, healthcare, food & beverages, agriculture, transportation, and paper & packaging. A Responsible Care® company, Aurorium follows the highest regulatory standards across all manufacturing facilities. The company’s global integrated supply chain offers the customer product consistency, easy access, supply security and reasonable turnaround on delivery. Aurorium is committed to operating at the highest levels of manufacturing consistency, quality control and safety.
The Lead Network Engineer leads the planning, design, implementation, and maintenance of the global unified data network services infrastructure consisting primarily of Cisco equipment. This position is responsible for the current and future design of the network infrastructure including the day-to-day configuration, installation, and maintenance of the central systems and equipment that comprise the global Aurorium network. In addition, the position will participate in the coordination of projects that expand and enhance the network and will play a key role in the IT change management process.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Develops systems and network architecture and configurations of communication systems and services to meet user requirements.
- Plans and executes systems patches, upgrades, and conversions
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of Cisco
- Supports implementation, configuration, administration, maintenance, and deployment of communications systems and services
- Troubleshoots and resolves communications systems and equipment problems
- Designs and administers communication system monitoring and measurement processes
- Provides technical analysis services to plan, design, evaluate, implement, and secure communication systems and services
- Develops network systems and services standards and protocols
- Maintains regular software patching and upgrades
- Provides maintenance to associated systems, both physical and virtual
- Serves as a project and team lead as appropriate for projects and tasks related to the expansion, enhancement, and maintenance of the network
- Creates design and specifications for, as well as maintains network monitoring and management systems
- Evaluates and creates specifications for other associated hardware and software products and make recommendations for adoption
- Maintains data confidentiality and compliance with regulatory requirements
- Complies with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures, and arrangements
- Reports all Health, Safety and Environmental accidents, incidents, and near misses promptly
- Acts in a safe and responsible manner at all times
Problem Solving and Innovation:
- Active participation in continuous improvement activities
- Participates in problem-solving
- Takes responsibility and ownership for own learning and development in the spirit of continuous improvement of both self and the business
- Assists in the training, mentoring, and assessment of other team members
- Exercises autonomy and judgement subject to overall direction or guidance
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Telecommunications, or related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Cisco network related systems, such as enterprise firewalls, ASAs, routers, switches wireless routers and network access control systems
- A demonstrated working knowledge of the configuration, installation and troubleshooting of network hardware
- Prior experience implementing and supporting a SIP/VoIP network
- Ability to respond to network "outages" and provide after-hours support (after 5 p.m. and early morning maintenance before 8 a.m.)
- Preferred knowledge/experience implementing and supporting a SDWAN strategy utilizing Meraki equipment
- Prior experience implementing and supporting SIP/VoIP network
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and ability to work within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to flex own style as needed to influence and drive results
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to adapt quickly to changing business needs and priorities
- Proven ingenuity for utilizing broad IT concepts to address complex problems
- Ability to work in a team environment within a multi-functional, organizational structure and exhibit robust interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of commercial awareness and the ability to apply/relate to overall business goals and objectives
- Excellent proficiency within Microsoft products (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Critical thinking and conflict resolution skills and analytical abilities which allow assessment of customer service issues, situations, and opportunities
- Embodies the core values of Aurorium:
- credible: keeps their word and honors their commitments, acts with integrity, and holds themselves accountable to their decisions and actions
- outcome-oriented: adheres to an unparalleled standard of excellence in everything they do, to deliver results with real impact
- driven: passionate about delivering authentic, world-class experiences that engage customers and inspire greatness
- empowered accountability: empowered to achieve common goals and accountable for delivering performances and results that exceed standards
If you have the energy, drive, and passion for joining the Aurorium team, we would love to hear from you. Apply today!
Aurorium offers competitive total compensation packages, including benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k), disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, paid time off, and paid holidays.
Aurorium is a global Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information, or any other protected category.
TechnologyView All Aurorium Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.