If you are passionate and committed to helping individuals live fuller, happier, and more satisfying lives, then Aurora Community Services has a rewarding career opportunity for you!
For 30 over years, Aurora has been a leader in providing customized services that support individuals with disabilities, chronic mental illness, and traumatic brain injuries in residential settings. We value employees that are passionate about making people smile every day by empowering them to live as independently as possible.
Our employment program requires a dedicated staff that is committed to supporting and training individuals to successfully work in their chosen community, and achieve their independent-living goals. Aurora's team of vocational coordinators comprehensively matches consumers to gratifying employment and supportive job coaches to ensure both personal growth and development.
Position: This Vocational Coordinator exists to provide employment services for persons with disabilities to assure the delivery of timely, consistent and quality vocationally related services.
- This position exists to assist persons with disabilities to obtain community employment
- Primary caseload consists of with persons with Mental illness and/or substance abuse, but may also includes various other disabilities
- A significant part of the position will demand several contacts with various community employers to learn about and develop employment opportunities for persons on the caseload
- Create individual career profiles to review individual skills, abilities, interests and limitations
- Provide person center services to empower persons on the caseload to make informed choices regarding employment
- Maintain a caseload of approximately 20 persons
- Analyze potential employment openings and match them with the best qualified individuals
- Work cooperatively with various agencies such as DVR and County experts in a team environment to plan recovery support with successful employment outcomes.
- Complete daily and monthly documentation and reports in accordance with standards.
- Ensure all communication required for quality and continuity of consumer care and growth.
- Assist individuals to complete applications, create resumes, develop interviewing skills and perform other activities to assist with obtaining employment
- Bachelor's degree is preferred but will consider those without pending experience working with the mental health/AODA community
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Prefer experience and training in mental illness and substance use
- Desire and drive to build and grow an expanding program, through commitment and enthusiasm with a fast moving company
- Valid driver's licenses with acceptable driving record, reliable vehicle, meeting necessary insurance coverage
- Acceptable Criminal Background Verification
If you are looking to a make a difference, join the Aurora team!
Aurora Community Services is a proud to be an Employee Owned Company!
An EOE/AA Employer
Job Posted by ApplicantPro