Position Title: CDL (Class B), with Air, Delivery Driver
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Load and unload equipment.
- Secure loaded equipment per company procedure and inspect in transit if necessary.
- Deliver and pick up equipment.
Nature of the Work:
Will load and unload vehicles/trucks and deliver equipment in full or partial loads working with Front Counter. Must service customers in a polite, friendly and professional manner at the warehouse or on a deliver and/or pick up. May be required to assist customers with reservations, contracts, questions, register transactions and order adjustments if necessary at the warehouse or on a deliver and/or pick up. On down time from delivering and/or picking up equipment, servicing equipment and/or light repair of equipment will be preformed.
May be exposed to the general range of weather experienced in the area, with the exception of several hours in the warehouse loading or unloading and drive time. May have exposure to chemicals, including but not limited to gasoline, diesel fuel, propane, kerosene and cleaning solvents. Propane is an obvious hazard; hence a sense of smell is required. Some electrical equipment is delivered, although it is not a requirement to install or service the equipment. If lighting is required (the installation of extension cords and lamps) the drivers are provided with Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFI) breakers. Stooping, crouching, bending, lifting, lowering, reaching, twisting, pulling, pushing, carting and carrying are intermittent tasks that routinely occur.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but not required.
- Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must be familiar with local roads and be able to read a road map.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Must speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must pass a company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written, oral or scheduled form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience.