Aura Healthcare, LLC dba Mountainside Treatment Center Wilton, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
Mountainside, founded in 1998, is a leading behavioral healthcare provider dedicated to treating alcohol dependency and drug addiction. Accredited by The Joint Commission and CARF for its high standards of care, Mountainside seeks out passionate and talented individuals to join its staff.
Mountainside is seeking a self-motivated, client-focused Recovery Coach to work in the company's Chappaqua Office. The Recovery Coach will provide the client and client's families with 12 Months or more of recovery support and monitoring through guidance, structure, accountability, and measurable goals. This highly individualized program will give the client additional time to practice the skills learned in primary treatment under the close supervision of his or her Recovery Coach, empowering them to remain engaged in the recovery process while transitioning back to work, school or home. The desired candidate will have intimate knowledge of the spectrum of recovery treatment programs.
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 10-6, some early AM and late PM. Some weekends
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- One year or more of individualized support, education, and advocacy for the client and their family in an ongoing effort towards independent, sustainable
- Assist clients in locating personal and recovery-based resources (AA and NA meetings, Al-anon meetings, therapists, etc).
- Assist clients in facilitating a smooth transition back to work, home or school while carrying out Mountainside's recommended continuing care plan.
- Assist families in establishing positive modes of communication and practicing self-care.
- Schedule random laboratory testing (toxicology screening) for clients and document results.
- Develop an agreed upon Wellness plan that will document clients progress.
- Refer client to other support services as needed such as medical evaluation and treatment, social services, and employment services.
- Monitor condition of clients to evaluate progress in recovery and adapt additional services as needed.
- Prepare and maintain reports and case histories in Sigmund utilizing proper documentation techniques.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred and/or minimum 2 years' experience and/or knowledge regarding the spectrum of substance abuse treatment
- Computer Skills: Electronic Medical Records, Microsoft Office, and other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements and letters
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to diffuse tense situations
- Excellent conflict resolution skills
- Capable of working under pressure, meeting deadlines and managing multiple priorities independently.
- Strong understanding of ethics and boundaries as it pertains to the client-coach and family-coach dynamic.
- Practices good self-care and is able to recognize the signs of counter transference and seek assistance during supervision as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to foster strong relationships with clients and families.
- Certification as a Certified Addiction Recovery Coach strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience with Twelve-Step, Smart Recovery and/or Refuge Recovery programs also strongly preferred.
- Competitive salary; comprehensive benefit package; generous PTO; 401(k); free meals and access to on-site fitness center on our Canaan, CT campus.
Interested in becoming part of our family? Apply below! Mountainside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company is committed to making employment decisions without regard to any classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. We simply seek the best.
Mountainside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Company accepts its responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to any classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.